Does the universe change its behaviour at the weekend?

sky123

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 10:32 am
@Thomas33,
Thank you Thomas too. You are one of curious A2Ks Wink
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 10:36 am
@sky123,
You failing the Turing test... Wink
sky123

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 10:37 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
and irony....

Hello my father
Darkness is lack of light. Irony is lack of intimacy. So irony is rather our disability to be intimate than being one of the abilities of the universe.
(Just my opinion!)
sky123

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 10:55 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I have failed the whole my life!!! but still I am happy, I don't know why?!!! Wink Wink Wink
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 11:09 am
@sky123,
You have not failed right now ! Wink
Keep being happy ya know cause...

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 12:33 pm
@sky123,
sky123 wrote:

Quote:
and irony....

Hello my father
Irony is lack of intimacy.

I get it. You just string random words together as if they make some kind of sense. The pity is some look at it and say "oh yeah." Not even realizing it means nothing.

Parsnips are a lack of electoral votes.
sky123

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 07:20 pm
@chai2,
When you speak ironically it means that you can't be kind, intimate and frank with the one you are talking to.. However I said it is my opinion. Me, mine, I....
What's the problem with you?!)
chai2

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 08:20 pm
@sky123,
sky123 wrote:

When you speak ironically it means that you can't be kind, intimate and frank with the one you are talking to.

Why would that be true? Where and how did you come up with that nonsense? Again, it sounds like something you just strung together. You could put any adjective in place of "ironically" and it wouldn't be necessarily true.

I speak ironically to those nearest and dearest to me all the time. The people I'm most intimate with.
In fact, being able to trust that those who love each other best are free to speak in such a way with each other, without losing respect or affection, is a strong form of trust and intimacy.

I also speak ironically with complete strangers, and usually we both laugh about it. I freaking love irony.

Again, you're just coming up with banal, shallow platitudes that the unwary would just say "oh yeah, sure", when it doesn't even make any sense.

At least I got a rise, and some honesty out of you when you asked me "What's your problem?" I can respect that, it's real. Not like calling someone you don't know "my father" or equating the (possibly) endless universe with watching some ants. Wow, that was deep.

My problem? People who wouldn't say sh*t if their mouth was full of it.

Hey, you asked.

sky123

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 01:20 pm
@chai2,
Thank you for being frank.
You asked me some questions that in my opinion it would be better to know more about each other.
Firstly I am an Iranian. My culture is different in many aspects.
On the contrary, it is my question that why you people call somebody as old as your fathers and maybe more, by the first name? I've seen it lots of times!
I am 28 years old. I have never called an old man or woman by the first name. Not even once in the whole my life. It's quite disrespectful. I had a brother (not the son of my father, that's different), he was asked by an space agency in Houston to work, I don't know whether it was NASA or something else, he didn't go, he simply said my father was against it. Nowadays things are changing but still a lot of people are loyal to their culture and religion. I had a teacher, he told us in the presence of women don't eat or drink until they start eating or drinking.
I have had a lot of friends who have traveled to western countries and returned. I asked some of them why did you return? Maybe you could have a better life in there in terms of wealth, They told me strange things.
Please don't start another unending debate what they said but:
If there is one thing that I am sure it is this: (with do respect to you all American people)
Lots lots of you, are very ignorant of the outside world.
Me, personally I have seen some funny lies in your media.
(Again I am not a politician boy, I just wanna enjoy my youth time and keep away from damned politics and enjoy reading your ideas about different things and of course enjoy writing in English)
You said why I see an ordinary creature like ants wonderful.
Let me advice you in another manner:
If you don't see them wonderful, put aside things in your life that have resulted in such a blindness.)
chai2

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 02:51 pm
@sky123,
sky123 wrote:

You said why I see an ordinary creature like ants wonderful.

I didn't say that, or anything like that.

I said you don't seem to understand the difference between what is on this small speck of dust called Earth, and the Universe, and that your pollyanna comments reflect as much.

sky123

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 08:16 pm
@chai2,
When I said ants are beautiful and wonderful, In the same paragraph I said sunset is also the same, that's not talking about the planet earth. Also, watching the sky, when I think that what I see is in fact, the light of a star from million years ago, that just now has reached to the planet earth ( definitely you know that the speed of light=300000000 m/s), such an order of interstellar distances is also quite unbelievable for me.
0 Replies