The Trolley Problem: a 2-year-old kid's solution...

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 04:41 am
@farmerman,
I will give you a first person example of self aggrandizement...I honestly believe I have an holistic understanding of reality at large your middle finger alone could barely dream about. Getting my point between distinguishing a robotic method of observation from sheer reasoning should not be hard for anyone sufficiently awaken. This is why we don't have this kind of debate in Europe. Your notion of what Science is, where it starts and where it stops, is all fraked up.

...a dog its very good at observing and detecting all sorts of smells but it doesn't bark any better because of it !
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 05:02 am
A stupid rigorous methodical idiot can be a good scientist and stumble on good data but you better leave the full explanation for someone who understands the background at large...That our you left with pearls like Laurence Krauss did..."The Universe created itself out of nothingness !" Mr. Green
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 05:07 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I think Einstein also said if you have an 120 IQ you go for Politics and if you have 140 plus you go for Science...well if you going to do proper Philosophy you gona need 180 plus to get anywhere less confusing. The problem of Philosophy is that it is HARD, unlike Science or Engineering. No wonder very few are any good at it. This is not a failure of the discipline but rather of human kind.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 05:20 am
Just to top this off topic digression I want to finish by saying thank god we have "traffic cops" to keep civilization and actual progress in check..."teenagers" without cops spend their committed energy very poorly...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 06:24 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
You seem so defensive as if its all some kind of a "big Dick" contest. Are you a real practicing philosopher?

Now go do something with it.

farmerman

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 06:32 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
A stupid rigorous methodical idiot can be a good scientist and stumble on good data

Then he cashes in and buys himself a few philosophers working at Starbucks to wash his Veyron.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 06:36 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
.That our you left with pearls like Laurence Krauss did..."The Universe created itself out of nothingness !"
Multiple Hypotheses and supportive data wins out in the end.
Are you saying that some philosopher is gonna solve the problems posed by the physics?

You have been working at Starbucks too long.

Sorry, the real world calls, Weve gotta leave for a dash into coal country
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 07:18 am
@farmerman,
A logical contradiction is not an hipothesis, just bad thinking.
And yes the solution, the ONLY solution, to the topic of the origins of the Universe that avoids an infinite regress is to dismiss Time as a first order phenomena of Reality. In sum, we need a cyclic Universe theory that it is not about an infinite size of information combinations regressing forever irrationally. That is to mean a Rational x size finite size amount. Then it resets and repeats the algorithm. Rendering time meaningless once its repeating the sequence without novelty. Says philosophy and reason this is also related with absolute determinism. There is no open scenario for Reality. Now wether you get to understand why it must be so its not my problem. Bang your head on the wall till you get why it is so. Oh, science wont help you there.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 08:08 am
@farmerman,
...about "Starbucks"" Farma let me just inform you I don't work...I am what one would call a XIX century "dandy" living from some investments the family left me...I spend my all time either playing some online games, or watching online lectures, documentaries, science journals, on almost any topic I can put my hands on. I have trouble finding proper new material on youtube. Mostly it is the same old repeated pop trash. Thankfully there is always some science journals and news to keep me entertained.
(Nova old documentaries are particularly irritating)

Now if you want too help a friend get me some proper links at whatever you have access to, preferably in video. That would make my day.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 08:30 am
Wait. I want to hear more about this Big Dick Contest.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 08:52 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

You seem so defensive as if its all some kind of a "big Dick" contest. Are you a real practicing philosopher?

Now go do something with it.

I think it is important, absolutely fundamental society gets to understand the importance of Philosophy yes. Its not about me but about the bad rep Philosophy has earn itself recently by deliberately being confused with the academic discipline of Philosophy which is and mostly was full of shitty thinkers. That is not Philosophy as Philosophy by definition cannot be tagged and labelled in one office...it is everywhere, specially in good science. Now some species of "new age scientists" are the ones being jumpy with Philosophers when they come and make some rather trivial common sense observations about bullshit explanations going on.

As for my project of life I don't want nothing but anonymity good friends and my wife along with some learning. I chose the simple life out of being smart. Fools gold and titles bullshit it is not for me. The all American idea of what constitutes success is laughable and you know it...look at your Avatar name "farmerman"... We are much alike in that department. Being a farmer is one of the best, cleaner, joyful professions one could wish to chose.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 09:42 am

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 10:14 am

In one of the videos above someone said Philosophy done right is Science but to my thinking he got it wrong. If anything can be said about Philosophy is that Philosophy done right it is the Science of all Sciences. The common denominator of all areas of knowledge.

The funny thing about tribal wars between Science and Philosophy is that it doesn't matter much on what Institution prevails physically and what coinage falls into oblivion. The importance of Philosophy it is so fundamental and crucial that it will continue to be practice no matter what we decide to call it. After all "wording" is very much about tribal conceptual disputes that don't actually change the substance of what needs to be done...Philosophy is the most fundamental trait of what distinguishes our species from any other we have met so far.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 10:49 am
@chai2,
Quote:
click on the blue link
Thank you most kindly Chai. Obviously my laziness will somehow assert itself
0 Replies