Interesting human population genetic facts

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 06:36 am
Im curious about Thomas P Ostroms comments (he was a reputable dude not prone to flights of Creationist fancy) on remines book. Heres another "review page"More Expanded Reviews of Remine
It appears that Ostrom was taken from an op-ed he did for the Rochester newspaper. If someone could track that down Id like to see the entire op-ed and see whether it was a quote mining job on Ostrom.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 06:37 am
farmerman wrote:
Hardly a "going" concern. You know what we call populations of individuals with only 6 breeding individuals?

Hill-billies? (Sorry, that's cruel and I apologise for it).
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 06:45 am
Although, after full consideration, we do find that your answer does fit the criteria for correctness, therefore the Institute will award you full credit . However, after consulting with the author of that question, it was not the answer that we were seeking. Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 07:16 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:

The full source. Including page numbers, ISBN Number (actually not that one, that's going a bit overboard), its published date etc..

I don't do other (lazy) people's research for them....
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 07:55 am
gungasnake wrote:
I don't do other (lazy) people's research for them....

It's not other people's research. It's common courtesy. You go read any scientific article and they'll give you the full details of all resources they use, or at least, enough to allow you to find a copy of what they used. You did no such thing.

And I find that sentence kinda ironic. The Creationists let other people do their research for them, don't they?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 08:59 am
Wolf, Go to the link on the previous page ref" "Remines Book". It has all the info you need. Its a self published book that, although I have in my library, I find woefully simplistic. It skips support sciences because they would tend to refute what is said. Gunga is easily impressed. I am not.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 11:26 am
Here's another review of Remine's book and the surrounding controversy:

http://www.evolutionfairytale.com/articles_debates/haldane_rebuttal.htm
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 02:04 pm
What will gung come up with next? Stay tuned.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2006 06:54 am
I just found a Wikipedia article on Haldane's Dilemma.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haldane%27s_Dilemma

Wow. He is easily impressed... by anything that agrees with his viewpoint. What's more interesting is the fact that Gungasnake's using something proposed by a Communist.
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 04:44 am
INTERESTING QUESTION TO GUNGA.

If only Noah and his family survived the flood,and they were only 2-4 chimps on board, how come all humans have less genetic variety than chimps found in a small area of jungle.
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 10:01 am
Badboy wrote:
The Finns share a genetic strait with Indo-European people,suggesting that IE people were conquered by a Finno-Ugrian(sp?) speaking people.

(THE LAPPS/SAMI APPEAR TO HAVE BEEN ORIGINALLY BEEN NON FINNO-UGRIAN SPEAKING AS WELL)

Language and genetics have little to do with each other. I don't know where your information comes from, but I do know that the Finns have intermingled a lot with Swedes and Russians over the past 1000 years or more and that may well explain the common genetic traits. The intermingling with the Sami was much less since they were a much smaller nomadic people and their area was not settled by Swedes or Finns in any numbers until the nineteenth century. Furthermore, the Sami languages are more archaeic than Finnish. I would be interested to know the what indicators there are that they are not original Fenno-ugrians and the Finns are?
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 07:03 am
I am not sure what genetic trait it is,but a `Ware Culture' may have been indo-European speaking,also Finnish has words like Layti`lake' similiar to Baltic languagues
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 07:41 am
Badboy wrote:
I am not sure what genetic trait it is,but a `Ware Culture' may have been indo-European speaking,also Finnish has words like Layti`lake' similiar to Baltic languagues

I am not a Finnish speaker myself, but a quick search in my dictionaries does not give any hits for "layti" or "läyti". Lake in Finnish is commonly "järvi" or "saivo" for the sacred lakes of the Sami.
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 07:21 am
HUMAN were originally TYPE O,TYPE A originated about 20,000 years ago in EUROPE,TYPE B ORIGINATED IN ASIA(MONGOLIA?)
0 Replies