Interesting human population genetic facts

Badboy

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 08:29 am
On this thread ,I will try to put some interesting facts before I get shut down for a week.

The Basques may have originated from Siberia area because they share a haplotype with a area in Russia.
The Haplotype is of African origin.

The Senegalese share a genetic trait with Europeans suggesting a common ancestor at some point.

SEE YOU NEXT WEEK,EVERYONE!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 10,447 • Replies: 73
No top replies

Badboy

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 04:08 am
The Finns share a genetic strait with Indo-European people,suggesting that IE people were conquered by a Finno-Ugrian(sp?) speaking people.

(THE LAPPS/SAMI APPEAR TO HAVE BEEN ORIGINALLY BEEN NON FINNO-UGRIAN SPEAKING AS WELL)
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 04:10 am
Genetic evidence supports the 3 migrations of Han Chinese from North to south China.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 04:59 am
yeah, exactly.
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 05:06 am
Evidence from surnames etc also supports the idea that South of THE yELLOW rIVER(ME THINK!),you are more likely to have be descended from one of a tribal people.
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 05:27 am
Genetic evidence also supports contention that A CIVILIZATION Located in AMDO/YUNAN AREA is where the SINO-TIBETAN people originated.
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 07:56 am
A genetic analyse suggest the Andamanese originated between 32,000 and 64,000 years ago.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 08:58 am
Interesting stuff, badboy.
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 08:02 am
A study has shown that 20% of Europeans have a genetic mutation which may have originated near a million years ago, it appears to have originated in an archaic human population, and somehow spread into modern European populations c. 50,000 years ago.

It offers an advantage in that women who carry this gene have more children.
0 Replies

Glorius

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 11:22 am
Some peoples like Buryats in Siberia are allied to American Indians. Ex hypothesi there was a land way from Siberia to Alaska, and some peoples in Siberia had moved to Northern America and then to Southern.

Buryats have slightly Asian features, black straight hair and dark skin. They live at the South of Eastern Siberia, beside Monglian border.
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 05:38 am
It is believed that only 100 people are the ancestors of all non-Africans.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 06:57 am
Re: Interesting human population genetic facts
Badboy wrote:
On this thread ,I will try to put some interesting facts before I get shut down for a week.

The Basques may have originated from Siberia area because they share a haplotype with a area in Russia.
The Haplotype is of African origin.

The Senegalese share a genetic trait with Europeans suggesting a common ancestor at some point.

SEE YOU NEXT WEEK,EVERYONE!

As I've read it, the most major genetic divide amongst humans is north/south and not east/west, i.e. the black and white races are genetically closer to eachother than either is to the yellow.

I'd interpret that to mean that the three biblical family groups, Japhetic (IndoEuropean), Hametic (dark skinned), and semitic (Jews, arabs, babylonians, assyrians etc. ) are descended from Noah as described in the bible, and that orientals are descended from people who survived the flood on mountains and/or anything which could float for the better part of a year as described in their own literature (Shu-Ching etc.).

Other than that, there is less genetic variation in the entire human race than in a typical group of 50 african monkeys. That means that the entire human race is descended from some very small number of people, very recently.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 07:07 am
I agree this may show there was a "bottleneck" in hte human population at one time. However I doubt it was teh flood. Remember Gunga theres a lot more to prove than human genetics in the flood.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 09:00 am
El-Diablo wrote:
I agree this may show there was a "bottleneck" in hte human population at one time. However I doubt it was teh flood. Remember Gunga theres a lot more to prove than human genetics in the flood.

The bottleneck was Toba, approximately 71,000 years ago.

The article quoted is from 1998, shortly after sufficient evidence was compiled to make a good case for this event. In subsequent years, the evidence has grown much stronger.

(Background on Toba itself)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 09:21 am
Quote:
and that orientals are descended from people who survived the flood on mountains and/or anything which could float for the better part of a year as described in their own literature (Shu-Ching etc.).

Im glad Ive heard the word of PCR determination of short tandem repeat alleles and their origins directly from Dr Curly. Lets publish .
0 Replies

Badboy

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 08:52 am
Some time, possibly this year, Mexican Scientists may publish the results of DNA analysis of Penon Woman,assuming they can get some DNA from her bones.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 04:06 pm
Quote:

The article quoted is from 1998, shortly after sufficient evidence was compiled to make a good case for this event. In subsequent years, the evidence has grown much stronger.

that's what i was referring to thank you. I saw a good show on it once.

And you will notice Gunga that the bottleneck was not from a fictitious flood. :wink:
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 04:24 pm
El-Diablo wrote:
Quote:

that's what i was referring to thank you. I saw a good show on it once.

And you will notice Gunga that the bottleneck was not from a fictitious flood. :wink:

The flood was not fictitious. Every ancient nation has its own version of the flood story; some speak of Noah and others speak of people surviving in small groups on mountaintops or anything which could float for the better part of a year.

Moreover the waters of the flood haven't gone anywhere; there's simply more water on the Earth than there used to be, which is why the hipsothermal is referred to in ancient literature as a "golden age" instead of as the age when the human race all drowned on account of the decidedly warmer climates.

Most of the places humans used to live before the flood are now beneath the waves and some are starting to be found:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/world/newsid_1697000/1697565.stm

That is the remains of a city 2000' beneath the waves. There is no uniformitarian theory of geology which would allow for that.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 04:38 pm
Quote:
The flood was not fictitious. Every ancient nation has its own version of the flood story; some speak of Noah and others speak of people surviving in small groups on mountaintops or anything which could float for the better part of a year.

It's called an archetypical theme. Also how else would they would an ancient culture be able to explain a natural disaster like our recent tsunami even? To them it seemed to flood the whole world. Bad floods happen you know.

Quote:
That is the remains of a city 2000' beneath the waves. There is no uniformitarian theory of geology which would allow for that.

So its a mystery and we have to find the answer not make it up.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 04:45 pm
El-Diablo wrote:

It's called an archetypical theme.

Not really; it's called people all over the world having seen the same thing and gone through the same experience.
0 Replies