Cheater downloads for cheating on games.

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 05:52 pm
Have you heard of this? It makes me very angry when playing Yahoo pool that someone can always win and make some remarkable shots that is just to often. The Cheater downloads gets advertised on Yahoo even. I dont like it and I think Yahoo should do something about it. It makes it to where you dont even want to play cause so many are using it. What is the point in playing and what do the cheaters get out of it? And what about the World Winner games that you pay to play? You pay to lose to a cheater.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 10,774 • Replies: 14
No top replies

fishin

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 07:10 pm
I don't know that there is a whole lot Yahoo can do about it. They could quit advertising the links fo the cheats but people who want to cheat will find them anyway.

I used to play Literati on there and a lot of people used a cheat app. There isn't any way for Yahoo to know what you are running on your PC to stop anyone from doing it.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 07:29 pm
how do they produce a cheater for pool?
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 07:46 am
How funny is Literati to play if you need to cheat? ZzZzZzZZ if you ask me.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 08:14 am
hi Deborah46
welcome to A2K

I find somebody has already used the same pairs of sexy legs for avatar.

Do you mind?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 05:05 pm
Deborah doesn't mind if Lola doesn't mind.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 02:38 pm
How funny is Literati to play if you need to cheat? ZzZzZzZZ if you ask me. <---- it's not specific to that game... the majority of internet games have cheaters as players and I don't understand why they find doing nothing fun... but, oh well... it really becomes a problem when you pay for the game... as Deborah said
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 11:05 am
Honor is a flexible concept.
0 Replies

XBOX MAD

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 06:02 am
yeh very flexible
0 Replies

SlyEnemy

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 01:24 am
Every single online gaming community has a bunch of Cheaters in their ranks. I remember EDGE Magazine conducted a review with one cheater who said that he cheated because he knew others were cheating. He said he found though, instead of playing the games to it's set of structured rules, he would mod those rules to his own standings, to a lazier set of rules (EG. Infinite Health) so that he could beat the other cheaters. It had become a game within a game, albeit one that genuine players weren't in on.
Thank God for Punkbuster, that's all I can say. If it wasn't for that, every game I play would be gathering dust by now: Halo, BF1942, Blockland, Quake3, No One Lives Forever 2... You still find a cheat every now and then, but that's the way the world works. It happens in real life (Athletics, football), so it's gonna happen in the anonymity of online play.
0 Replies

igotaq

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2005 10:30 am
why would the game companies publish cheating magazines if they didn't want you to cheat
I am speaking from a long commitment to the GameBoy line of products. The company itself sells magazines were you can find cheat codes
0 Replies

krystal tipps

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 09:42 am
game cheaters
it will always be a problem on the net with cheating because there is no way to police people who are virtual. Although I like the idea SlyEnemy mentioned of the cheaters trying to beat themselves - I wonder if there are sites with specific sections where people can log what cheats they're using?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 02:24 pm
Quote:
why would the game companies publish cheating magazines if they didn't want you to cheat

The game companies "want" you to cheat?

Doubtful.

The game companies want to make money?

Very likely.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 04:22 pm
Re: game cheaters
igotaq wrote:
I am speaking from a long commitment to the GameBoy line of products. The company itself sells magazines were you can find cheat codes

this is very true. i agree with that statment... if they didnt want you to cheat they would not have made the codes, nor would they have made the magizines.

krystal_tipps wrote:
it will always be a problem on the net with cheating because there is no way to police people who are virtual. Although I like the idea SlyEnemy mentioned of the cheaters trying to beat themselves - I wonder if there are sites with specific sections where people can log what cheats they're using?

this is completely different. using hacks in a game to win and using cheat codes that were created by the company to enchance game play is something completely different. i find that when i play i game i do my best to try and beat a game before using any codes, then if there any codes that i think would be fun to use I will use them. But find hacks, and glitches in a game to give yourself a better edge at beating other people is just wrong. Thats unsportsmen.
0 Replies

ipsofacto

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 04:14 pm
from a programmers point of veiw, I don't put down what these people are doing. I completely understand why some of them do it. I crack games all the time for stuff, just to see how it's coded and such and if it helps me in the long run so much the better. you are right however that the codes are in a different line of the play, originally the programmer put tem in to the games to help them see game flow as they were in production. they still do it when beta testing stuff, Runescape had a lot of cheats that the beta testers had tho give them infinate money and such, the problem with this is that when they get into the actual gameplay that's no longer beta they sometimes overlook these cheats and leave them in, or when they do overwrite the cheats they leave a bad programming hole allowing a cunning person access to things like that. although a lot of times these people are loser script kiddies who got an app off the internet or from a friend, the funny part of it is that if you ever find a forum that has it, you'll find more trojans that actual cheat apps...heh serves them right...well that's all I had to say...
0 Replies