Internazionale 2-0 Bremen
PSG 0-3 Chelsea
Porto 0-0 CSKA Moskva

Results today:
Deportivo 0-0 Olympiacos
Liverpool 2-0 Monaco
Leverkusen 3-0 Real Madrid
Roma 0-1 Dynamo Kyiv
The match has been abandoned because of an injury to referee Anders Frisk. In all probability he had been hit by a missle thrown from a lunatic crowd just moments after sending off Roma defender Mexes.

Ajax 0-1 Juventus
M. Tel-Aviv 0-1 Bayern
Fenerbahçe 1-0 Sparta
Lyon 2-2 Man. United
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,317 • Replies: 10
No top replies

George

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 03:04 pm
Do you have any favorites that you are watching?

For me, Juve and the Gunners (Arsenal).
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 03:14 pm
Especially, of course
Bayern Munich
Bayer Leverkusen
Werder Bremen

further
Arsenal, too
Celtic
Roma
Ajax
as well as Juventus

yes, relative many clubs :-)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 03:17 pm
Quote:
Referee struck at Roma

Roma's Champions League match against Dynamo Kiev was abandoned at half-time after referee Anders Frisk was struck by an object thrown from the crowd.
The Swede was hit as he walked to the tunnel for half-time and left the field with blood dripping from his forehead.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40075000/jpg/_40075890_afrisk203.jpg

The Roma fans were incensed after Frisk sent off defender Philippe Mexes as he blew the half-time whistle for allegedly pushing a Dynamo player.

The Italian side were trailing 1-0 at that stage to Goran Gavrancic's strike.
Source
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 06:42 am
Excellent.

Walter knows already that I'm an Arsenal supporter.

Beyond that, I'd rather Chelsea do well and Man U don't (well, mixed views, actually).

I've spent enough time in Munich to have a vague fondness for Bayern (I saw one game live while I was there)...similarly, I've seen one baseball game, at Fenway Park, so I'm a RedSox supporter, in a very half-hearted kind of way. I like being anti-Yankee, though! Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 12:53 pm
update:
Quote:
Kiev awarded 3-0 win over Roma after ref injured

LONDON, Sept 21 (Reuters) - Dynamo Kiev were awarded a 3-0 win over AS Roma on Tuesday after their Champions League match was abandoned when the referee was hit by an object thrown from the crowd in Rome.

Roma will have to play their next two European games behind closed doors, UEFA said in a statement. The matches are against Bayer Leverkusen on November 3 and Real Madrid on December 8.

UEFA's disciplinary committee acted after Swedish referee Anders Frisk was injured at the Olympic Stadium at halftime of last Wednesday's game, shortly after sending off Roma defender Philippe Mexes.

Kiev were leading the Group B match 1-0 at the time.

France's Mexes has been suspended for two matches "for particularly unsporting conduct", UEFA said.

"In taking the decision the Control and Disciplinary Body took into account the seriousness of the nature of the incident, in which the referee Anders Frisk was injured and therefore led him to abandon the match," the UEFA statement said.

Roma can appeal against the decision before Friday midnight (2200 GMT).

Tuesday's decision will satisfy the Ukrainian side who had demanded they be handed victory after the incident.

Ukrainian football federation president Hryhoriy Surkis told the Dynamo website on Thursday: "I want to note that within the bounds of normal practice the following decision could be taken -- to disqualify Roma from playing at home and to say they lost the match."

A month ago, Israeli side Maccabi Tel-Aviv were awarded a 3-0 win over PAOK after the Greek club fielded a suspended player in a Champions League third round qualifier.

In 2001, Paris St Germain were given a 3-0 win at Rapid Bucharest after their UEFA Cup tie had to be abandoned following a floodlight failure.
Source
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 02:47 pm
Results today
Liverpool 0-0 Deportivo
Monaco 2-1 Olympiacos
Leverkusen 3-1 Roma
Real Madrid 1-0 Dynamo Kyiv
Ajax 3-0 M. Tel-Aviv
Juventus 1-0 Bayern
Fenerbahçe 1-3 Lyon
Sparta 0-0 Man. United
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 06:58 am
on Wed
Panathinaikos 2-2 Arsenal
Rosenborg 1-2 PSV
Milan 1-0 Barcelona
Shakhtar 3-0 Celtic
Anderlecht 1-2 Bremen
Valencia 1-5 Inter
Chelsea 2-0 CSKA Moskva
PSG 2-0 Porto
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 10:22 am
Disappointing result for Arsenal.

Arsenal's goals were typically beautifully crafted but Jens Lehmann was lobbed from well outside the area (great 1st Panathinaikos goal - little blame on Lehmann) and didn't get in the right place for the corner that led to Panathinaikos' 2nd, so he must have been feeling very down after the game.

KP
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 10:52 am
Quote:
Oops, I did it a Jen

By the boulevard paper "The Sun".

But the coach still back him.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 08:44 pm
Tuesday