Why Do You Watch the Super Bowl?

jespah

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2003 05:28 pm
rog, time to head to Wal-Mart. The 'fun' started about 25 minutes ago.

Hubby will watch some of it. I'm up here, with you all. :-D

We'll prolly watch a wrestling tape (not that that's more interesting, but the injuries are [usually] fake, plus I get my fill of guys in - ahem - tight gear, plus hubby can watch gals in - ahem - tight gear).

New Haven's rubbing off on me.

And I mean that figuratively, of course.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2003 07:06 pm
I found out many years ago that one team will win and one team will lose, entirely on their own, without my intervention.

Out here in New England... Patsies territory. Peolpe act really odd when I tell them that I gave up on the TV. I tell 'em that the last time I turned on the TV for my own was when the Patriots were in the SuperBowl....

Pause half a breath...

... the Patriots lost.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2003 07:38 pm
A 360 pound football player doesn' really look too sexy! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2003 09:53 pm
I watch because I enjoy football.
If I could have played football, I would have, but football was not a female sport in school. I'd even play now if I could, but I'm over the hill.
Know of any over the hill female teams looking for another player? Smile
0 Replies

Sublime

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 10:21 pm
I like football.

I really like football when the Steelers win.
0 Replies

valgalmypal

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 08:19 am
For the pure love of the game and the thrill of it.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 10:51 am
I, on occasion, watch a game of football. But I have watched every single Super Bowl game ever since I knew what football was. It is just a fun thing to do. It is the one game that matters to show who had it at the right moment. There isn't a series of games it is one game. Who ever has the most points at the end of this one game wins. And the energy of the whole day is awesome. The commercials are great and the halftime show is entertaining but I just love watching it. It is almost like a unified thing. It is like I am doing the same thing every other American is doing on that day. That is just oddly cool. I am excited just talking about it. Can't waite. Oh well I am in the City the Super Bowl will be in. If only the Texans had a chance. But I still lov' 'em.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 11:00 am
Just found this discussion. Why would anyone want to sit around watching a bowl?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 11:07 am
rog- If it were filled with yummy won-ton soup, I would. But watching a bunch of sweaty guys running after a stupid ball is not my idea of a fun afternoon.
0 Replies