Hey, Queenie. What's in your purse?

oldandknew

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 10:45 am
As Dlowan says, they rise above it all. A regular out of body, if not out of mind experience. Taking to the wing, just like Byrds

Eight miles high and when you touch down
You'll find that it's stranger than known
Signs in the street that say where you're going
Are somewhere just being their own
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 04:57 pm
Deb, I'm sure you're right. They rise above incoming bad breath.

New Haven, A dog leash sounds reasonable. What about a collar? Muzzle?

Jespah, I think that a bit of creative writing would help the footman flesh out his resume. How about: Footman and special guard assigned to protect Her Majesty from incoming air offenses. I do like your husband's idea. A sex toy. Makes sense considering that more than one person suggested she's carrying around condoms. Might also link to New Haven's suggestion about a dog leash. How nice that everything is meshing so well.

oldandknew, First James Brown. Now the Byrds. Were you a child of the sixties?
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 05:12 pm
Roberta, me a child of the 60s ? nah. I was a child of the 40s. I
can invoke the likes of Screamin' Jay hawkins, John Lee Hooker and Robert Johnson. I might not be a Hoochie Coochie Man these days but i still got my Mojo doin' it's best.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 12:42 am
oldandknew, A child of the forties would make you a young adult in the sixties. That was a good decade to be a young adult (the latter part of it, anyway). Glad to hear that your mojo is still in there plugging away. And, as far as I'm concerned, once a hoochie koochie man, always a hoochie koochie man.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 03:43 am
Hey Roberta === Yep. A lot of good things happening in the 60s. Lots of innovation in a great many fertile fields. It still makes me smile when I drift back in retro mood. But as the man once said, Tempus Fugits, there is still much to be done.
What amuses me though, is that my dear daughter of 21 years, thinks that she and her generation invented/discoverd everything.
I occasionaly smile and remind her that I've been there, seen it, done it, worn the proverbial t-shirt and then moved on. I haven't told her though, that I slip back into my 2nd childhood every now and again, just for old times sake.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 02:05 pm
Is that a vibrator in the Queen's purse? Razz
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 02:09 pm
oldandknew, The sixties were an exciting and tormented time. I look back and marvel at the activism and commitment of so many people. And the sense of freedom and empowerment we had.

As for second childhoods, I'm still working on my first. But I look forward to the second. It will be a seamless transition.

BTW, it's probably not worth the effort to tell your daughter that you've been there and done that, any more than it was worth the effort when our parents told us the same thing.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 02:35 pm
New Haven -- The Queen has little need of a vibrator. By her very eminent position and the joy that surrounds her 24/7, she gives out natural, pure God given vibrations. Enjoyed by all inc. herself. In fact she was the inspiration behind the Beach Boys hit record "Good Vibrations". Did you see Brian Wilson at Party in the Park ? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> !!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 02:47 pm
SOooooooooooo...why's the vibrator in her purse?

Show and TELL?
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 02:49 pm
Roberta. At a dstance of over 30 years, many people perhaps forget the torments that were then taking place. Vietnam and Northern Ireland making the TV News every night.
I was working frelance for BBC TV at that time and made several progs on both those scenarios. I think when you see pictures of the pain and carnage as often as I did, you kinda become imune to it. Though subconsiously it still nudges me, even now, knowing what's potentialy round the corner.
So I try to enjoy my life, have some fun and laughter. Just now the Rolling Stones are playing and reminding me of all "those good times that I wasted, having good times." Another line from another 60s song. Not the Stones tho.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 01:29 am
New Haven, Despite oldandknew's ideas to the contrary, I think that Queenie has a vibrator in her purse. Battery operated and three speeds. Laughing

oldandknew, For you in England it was Viet Nam and Northern Ireland. For us in the U.S. it was Viet Nam and Civil Rights. The fact is that despite the horrors that sparked the activism, I too remember the sixties as a wonderful time. I think it's because we were so involved. So committed. And we had a feeling of connection to so many people. I participated in an antiwar march along with 100,000 other people. We marched down the street arm in arm with people we didn't know. Wasn't that a good thing?

I'm horrified by what's around the next corner. And the Stones just gave a concert in Madison Square Garden. A bunch of old geezers rocking the night away.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 06:40 am
Three speeds on the vibrator!

WOW ! What a jolly old time, Liz must have, using her little vibrator! Razz
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 03:54 pm
New Haven. --- the 3 speeds on queenies vibrator are labeled

Trot, canter, gallop.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 04:00 pm
I'll bet Embarrassed the vibrator also plays music when the switch is on!
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 04:19 pm
Hi Roberta === I remember seeing some of those marches on TV News and they were pretty powerful gatherings. Another thing that stands out in my memory is from when I saw the Woodstock movie and Country Joe and The Fish singing the song about Vietnam
I-Feel-Like-I'm-Fixin'-To-Die-Rag
[Take 1 - 09 65]

http://www.well.com/~cjfish/ragbaby.htm#fixinRAG1

Another time I was in Kansas in the mid 70s and you could see how the black Americans were gaining more equality and whites were becoming more deferential. Time moves slowly on occasions and at others moves with surprising haste

As for the Stones and old geezers, well there are those who are 50 and look 75. Mutton dressed as lamb comes to mind.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 04:25 pm
Music, yes New Haven. "A Horse With No Name." perhaps.

There is a town on the south coast of England called Newhaven, I take it you are not related to said town at all.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 06:15 pm
New Haven--Stairway to Heaven for all three speeds.

oldandknew--Thanks for the link. That song had faded from my mind, but the lyrics jump-started my memory. And mutton dressed as lamb is still mutton.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 06:56 am
Absolutely Roberta and no amount of mint sauce will ever improve mutton.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 06:59 am
I might not be, but I would bet some of my ancestors were.

Incidentally, there are more people with my last name in Australia and England, than there are in the USA. Very Happy
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 07:02 am
Oh, the songs on the vibrator are SO provocative!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 10:44:17