:(

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 12:57 pm
i've played softball before just last august the season ended it was the best i really liked it and i think i got a pertty good position on the team i was catcher i was really excited that i was going to play again next season and my coach really liked how i played and said that if i played again i would make the ALL STARS TEAM i was real excited the all starts play against the other girls that made the all stars in other park BUT i was sad to know that i wast going to be playin again because I WAS MOVING! and now more than ever did i wanna play because i really wanted to play for my high school but i don't think my skills are good enough i really wanna be catcher but i just don't know all the things i have to do to be catcher for the school team so now im stuck and i cant play anymore and very sad that im moving and leavin all my friends and the saddest part is that now i wont play Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 490 • Replies: 2
No top replies

kitchenpete

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:17 am
JllyBean

There's an old saying, here in England: "Worse things happen at sea". Which is very true.

I can understand that you're sad not to play with the All Stars. I don't know that much about softball but I do know that you can read up on what it takes to be a catcher, train (on your catching, fitness, flexibility), talk to others about the game and how the best players perform.

When you do all that, you'll be the best you can be, given time. I'm sure your new location will also have teams you can join and maybe, when they get to know how good you are, you'll be on a different All Stars team.

Take inpiration from the Olympics team - do you think they've got to that level by moping around. NO. They have taken the knocks and come back fighting. You can do the same.

Go, girl.

KP
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:38 am
Unfortunately we can't change the fact that you are moving, but maybe can help on suggestions. Talk with your current coach and see what s/he suggests on what you can do to improve. Ask mom or dad to help you with the suggestions. Maybe your coach also knows another softball organization you can join where you are moving. Whether you think you are ready or not for the school team, try out. You may surprise yourself. If you are offered a different position than catcher take it. Even if you get another position, but still want to be catcher, you can work with the school coach to improve your skills to move to a catcher position in the future. Does your school have intramural sports? I actually played intramural softball as I was not good enough for the team, but loved the sport. A bonus is that by joining any of these ways you will meet new girls as a great way of making new friends.

Best of luck.
0 Replies