Science museum at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 04:23 pm
My wife and I spent the day at the SF Science Museum. They have a great show about comets and astroids in the museum theater, but also everything from dinosaurs to aquarium with all manners of sea life, and everything in between. We also had lunch at the museum cafeteria. It was a day well spent.
http://calacademy.org/events-exhibits

We're planning a trip to Old Sacramento later in the week.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 704 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 07:10 am
@cicerone imposter,
I remember going there have to be 20+ years ago. I must have liked it because I remember still today. I bet it is even better now.

Wasn't that the same place where Spock went in and swam with the whales in that movie (I know that wasn't the actual place because they don't have hump back whales there - but wasn't it the spot they were depicting?)
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 07:16 am
@Linkat,
I've been there too, one time when I was at a conference in SF and there was a conference-gathering in the evening at the Museum. I remember it as a quite wonderful museum.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 12:31 pm
@Linkat,
Yes, it is. Their aquarium tank is really huge, and can be seen from couple of floors. We even went up to the roof garden for a short visit.
0 Replies