"Norton Antivirus is Scanning your outgoing..." Roadrunner

LarryBS

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 06:35 pm
I am a RoadRunner subscriber. There is a diagnostic tool called RoadRunner Medic that is loaded when the computer boots up and is always monitoring my internet connection. Whenever my internet connection or e-mail server goes down or comes back up, there is a little beep to tell me of the change in status. Ever since downloading the latest Medic version, 4.0, several times a day I will hear this beep, and along with the beep the small Norton Antivirus window will pop up telling me that Norton Antivirus is scanning my outgoing e-mail message - the same message as when I actually DO send an e-mail. There is no trace in my Outlook Express mailboxes of any messages having been sent out when this happens.

Any theories as to what is happening?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,888 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 06:41 pm
I have Road Runner and I have never heard of this. I clicked my "control, alt, delete to see what was running. On the top of the list it said something like, "Norton Antivirus is monitoring your outgoing Microsoft Internet Explorer". Where do you find the "Road Runner Medic?
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 06:59 pm
Medic was installed when I first started with Roadrunner a few months ago, but they upgraded to 4.0 a few weeks ago. You don't have a little suitcase or other icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen, in the system tray? It is just a little tool that continuously monitors your computer, internet connection, and e-mail and news server connections. If you have a problem, you are supposed to use it to diagnose and repair the problem with your connections. Don't know if it is really necessary or not - I never have any problems with any connections, except this damn BEEPING! Smile

If you ctrl-alt-del, medic shows up as "Rrmedic." If you want info on Medic, or want to download it, the roadrunner help screens in member services has info on it. Sounds like you get along without it just fine though.
0 Replies