When your cat brings two wounded birds in your house in a day.

RaZ96

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 06:09 pm
As the title says, our cat brought 2 birds in our house and ...
The first bird was dying and died inside the house. Last bird was a baby bird who apparantely was wounded but we put her in the backyard and when we came back after an hour, the baby bird was gone.

What could this mean, ladies and gentlemen??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 1,308 • Replies: 15
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:05 pm
@RaZ96,
It means you need to feed your cat more.
Builder

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:18 pm
@jespah,
The hunting instinct is strong in many breeds of cat.

Feeding the cat doesn't stop the instinct. Put a bell on the cat's collar, and keep it indoors.

This is part of the responsibility factor for owning a predatory species as a pet.
0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:40 pm
@RaZ96,
How does superstition fit in this scene? You have a normal cat: momma bird now knows your place isn't safe. She has time for another brood somewhere else. Not so sure if a bell keeps the nest safer from a cat, though. Praise the cat: he has an ego, you know.

Try confining your cat to quarters for a week or so, so that other little birds nearby can leave their nests safely.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:53 pm
@jespah,
Only if she ate both birds.
0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 09:13 pm
@RaZ96,
It's bad juju and quite portentous of the bird.

Everyone knows that it's unlucky to be superstitious and journalists have linked it to the development of low iq so you need to act immediately if not sooner.

The only way to dispel the evil spirits is to tie a bell around the cats neck.
roger

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 11:45 pm
@nacredambition,
Nope. Cats make for smarter birds, and they need all the help they can get.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 09:49 am
It means you have a normal cat who may love you (to the degree cats can love humans) and is bringing you presents.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:02 am
Yep. Cats love to bring presents of dead or wounded animals. I did not realize it at one time, until a cat started leaving a dead squirrel in front of my door every day.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:08 am
@edgarblythe,
Our big black Tom, Bagheera used to bring us dead rats.

For the time he lived, he was the alpha male of the neighborhood, as testified by all the black kittens born.

It was fairly gross though because he came home every morning with cuts and scratches galore.

Eventually he stopped coming home so either he was killed by a rat or a rival or he decided to take up shop with a harem. I can't say, but that cat was as badass as any male lion or tiger,
Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:24 am
My cat (being a pampered house cat) would go out on my deck, then "hunt" leaves and bring them into the house. Sometimes he would catch several of these leaves bring them in and pile them up in the middle of my living room. What do you think that means?
Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:26 am
@Linkat,
Oh and a couple of times, I found a fake small toy mouse in my bag when I got to work - I used to leave it near the door so it was easy to grab on my way out the door to work.

What do you think that meant?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:27 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Our big black Tom, Bagheera used to bring us dead rats.

For the time he lived, he was the alpha male of the neighborhood, as testified by all the black kittens born.

It was fairly gross though because he came home every morning with cuts and scratches galore.

Eventually he stopped coming home so either he was killed by a rat or a rival or he decided to take up shop with a harem. I can't say, but that cat was as badass as any male lion or tiger,

Great name for a big black cat.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:34 am
@Linkat,
He was gay
Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 12:09 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Lesbian then as she was a girl. Does that count if they were neutered or spayed?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 01:09 pm
@Linkat,
Well, she was a girl...that's all we need to know Smile
0 Replies