Need help exposing a godman...

Niha27

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 11:32 pm
I live in a place where people believe in all kind of superstitions. There is a man who claims himself as godman who can heal or cure any problem and disease. He shows magic tricks to people to prove himself and they blindly believe him. He takes loads of cash in name of healing people and solving their problems.

Some days ago he came in our house. We served him snacks and water. He took few drops of water from the glass and rubbed it in his hand reciting something. After that the whole house filled with fragrance.

I knew that it was some kind of trick, I tried to explain the same to my family but failed. Therefore I want to know how did he do it? Is there anything or substance when mixed with water emits fragrance?? If anyone can solve it, it will be great help.

View best answer, chosen by Niha27
MrMix

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 12:07 am
@Niha27,
My advice would be best not to associate yourself with this man, he is a fraud and a false prophet..

Matthew 7:15
“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

1 John 4:1
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 01:22 am
My dog can instantly fill a house with fragrance.

He didn't have a dog with him, did he?
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 01:29 am
@Niha27,
What was the fragrance? Like flowers, perfume, food?
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 01:32 am
@FBM,
No, more like processed death mixed with beef.

Oh, sorry. You weren't asking me, were you.
FBM

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 01:37 am
@Lordyaswas,
I used to work in a vet's office, so I'm pretty sure I've "enjoyed" just about every variety of that sort of fragrance...
0 Replies

Niha27

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 03:48 am
@FBM,
It smelled like perfume.
FBM
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 06:22 am
@Niha27,
Niha27 wrote:

It smelled like perfume.

Most perfumes usually only give an odor for a couple of hours. Then they're undetectable. EXCEPT...some kinds will come back to life when you moisten it with a little water. (Not enough to wash it off, though) Then the perfume becomes fragrant again. Very simple trick that any charlatan can pull on the gullible. Here's one example: http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Replay/Replay-Your-Fragrance-Refresh-for-Her-8610.html
0 Replies