Do State And Federal Inspectors Actually Work?

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 08:04 pm
In the city I live in there is a restaurant where the bathroom is really gross! No one ever hardly goes in and dines in the restaurant it sits empty all day except for a tiny lunch crowd. They sell mostly take-out and delivery and without that they would have no business at all. If you walk into the bathroom the smell of urine nearly knocks you out... Yet this business stays open despite years of this bathroom never being sanitized. I pity the unsuspecting parents who send their children there to use the bathroom. Why do we have health inspectors if this is allowed to happen?

Then there is Gordon Ramsay, have you ever seen the gross crap he has uncovered in any of his "Kitchen Nightmares" shows?

This may be entertaining and get good ratings but the stark reality is that each and every case he uncovers is revealing that lack of health inspection. Not that we don't have health regulations but someone is not regulating health despite it being their job to do so!

This is a widespread problem because Ramsay finds these egregious health violations all over the country!

What it up with this?!!

How do we regulate the regulators?

There should be a one strike you are out rule! Any verified public complaint should mean someone gets fired in the state and federal level. These inspectors are trained to know what they are supposed to know.

There should also be criminal charges.

Each Gordon Ramsay show should mean someone should be fired on the state and/or federal level.

I am not a regulation promoting democrat only to see the chain of command broken before it gets down to the actual protections of consumer health.

Now much of our meat is processed abroad... We are not even allowed to know where and when!

Can we trust that regulations are followed in foreign countries when we can't even regulate our own country?

This is not an anti-outsourcing thread it is an anti corruption thread, it is a thread aimed at government workers whose sloth allow "Kitchen (and restaurant) Nightmares" to occur on a mass scale! How are we supposed to have confidence in our food when these atrocities are happening all over the place?

What is behind all of this complacency when it comes to public health?

Are we to think it is wide spread corruption or is it just lazy overpaid government workers?

Either way, they are not doing their job!!!

The ones who suffer are the hard working unsuspecting consumers looking for a decent meal.

It takes a man who makes his money revealing this kind of neglect in the public sector to expose this yet the government is strangely silent on the charges of people whose job it was to see that these kitchen nightmare restaurants were sanitary and not a hazard to public health.

Each restaurant was under the supervision of someone paid by our tax dollars, someone who did not do their job at all!

Then there are other regulators, like regulators who protect nuclear facilities, and regulators who inspect deep water oil wells (such as the Deepwater Horizon ), and regulators who sell nuclear materials to people with bogus certificates.

Be scared people, be scared....

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 08:53 am
A secret group bought the ingredients for a dirty bomb — here in the U.S.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/a-secret-group-bought-the-ingredients-for-a-dirty-bomb--here-in-the-us/2016/08/03/46901c6e-58ae-11e6-9767-f6c947fd0cb8_story.html

Are US regulator working for you!

Regulators regulating the regulators.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 08:57 am

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 09:38 am
Deepwater Horizon Inspections: MMS Skipped Monthly Inspections On Doomed Rig
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/16/deepwater-horizon-inspect_n_578079.html
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 09:50 am
Restaurant inspections improve, but frustrations simmer
http://www.pressherald.com/2015/03/29/restaurant-inspections-improve-but-frustrations-simmer/

Thank goodness they have doubled their inspection staff yet this restaurant's bathroom is still beyond filthy.

Graffiti on the walls and a smell that would knock you out. One bathroom for both men and women.

If dirty restaurants have not failed inspection it is not an issue of more inspectors needed it is an issue of bad inspectors that need to be let go.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 06:05 am
If you were me what would you do?

Go up to the restaurant owner and say, the reason why no one wants to eat in your restaurant is because your bathroom is filthy.

Or call the health inspectors and ask why this bathroom is not declared a public health hazard and how such a s filthy bathroom can be allowed to pass inspection for years on end?

(I would like to know whose job it is to inspect that particular restaurant.)

If the bathroom is like this I wonder how the walk-in refrigerator looks?

Or simply turn my back on the whole affair?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 09:19 pm
@TheCobbler,
It seems that bathroom is only a symptom of all the other problems that's not been identified. Get Robert Irvine in there, quick!
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 01:47 am
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/q82/p480x480/13346946_1078661778864417_4533499852765292757_n.jpg?oh=3d3314278f4f81b6712bb6e271f8b3b8&oe=584E052B
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 08:44 am
Is the Postal Service really losing money?
http://juneauempire.com/opinion/2014-09-16/my-turn-postal-service-really-losing-money

NO. They are not losing money.

Has the Post Office ruined their service?

It seems so.

In the last week I was sent a package from Oak Creek Wisconsin USPS via Dallas Texas to Portland Maine. (several thousand miles out of the way)

2 day delivery took 5 days.

This is the 4th time this exact particular mishap has happened.

Today I was sent a package from New Jersey it went to Scarborough Maine then to Kennebunk Maine an hour south (this took 5 hours) now it is somewhere headed back up north to Portland. Scarborough is a ten minute drive south from Portland.

This is the second time this has happened.

Scarborough USPS has also sent packages destined to Portland to instead Falmouth a ten minute drive north of Portland this ten minute drive delays the package about 5 hours also.

These packages have a barcode on them they only need to be scanned.

Yes the Post office is not really losing money but are they doing a poor job of delivering mail?

Judge for yourself.

Do not bother to call and complain you may get the runaround or a really rude person. Nothing gets fixed.

In all cases the addresses were clearly printed and in large font.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 03:14 pm
Municipal public inspection departments tend to be understaffed for the workload involved in inspecting all of the food service businesses within their jurisdictions. An increase in staff would mean an increase in taxes, which few people would be willing to compromise on.

In regard to the USPS, if you think the cost of postage is high, imagine what the price to mail a letter would be if mail service were to be a for-profit industry.
TheCobbler

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 05:59 pm
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/11701035_10152850258581512_4534229079192730067_n.jpg?oh=be414ed30d377ed50645fe640709e99e&oe=58148D6B
TheCobbler

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 06:23 pm
@InfraBlue,
You are probably right, though a little competition is usually good for the consumer. Keeps workers on their toes.

A couple weeks ago I got sick while eating some bulk mixed nuts (yes I know I'm nuts hehe) from my local supermarket.

I went in to complain, I did not have the receipt I just wanted to complain.

The bulk food dispensers had been moved "out back" while renovations occurred, I had severe headaches for a week till I realized what was causing this.

It was the old oily taste that finally tipped me off. I have no nut allergies either.

Perhaps the nuts got stirred up from the bottom while in the process of being moved around.

There were no more questions asked, no forms to sign, no angry employees, I spent $10.00 on the nuts and the store doubled my money back and gave me a 20 dollar gift card.

Compare that to the post office and it is like night and day. Who do we complain to, our bought-off senators?

Regardless I will never buy from bulk dispensers ever again. I will buy my nuts sealed in plastic and dated.

I will shop for my trail mix at another store. I have that option.

I have supported the post office by using it as frequently as possible.

I am now wondering how to get some reasonable service? I just go on the internet and vent about it seemingly to no avail.

I don't want a private corporation snooping in my mail though I have nothing to hide.

A private corporation might have more incentive to not waste money by repeatedly sending packages several thousand miles out of the way.

They would likely be more willing to refund the 2 day price considering it took 5 days.

Nope, no guarantees with our post office we are at at their mercy.

I wish it was not like this but the reality is we are stuck with the service, like it or lump it.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 06:41 pm
Donald Trump Is Now Calling The US Secret Service A Bunch Of Liars
http://www.politicususa.com/2016/08/10/donald-trump-calling-secret-service-bunch-liars.html

Hope that strategy works out for him. Is there any amount of money that would prompt you to hurl yourself in front of a speeding bullet to save Donald Trump? Not me.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 07:12 pm
@TheCobbler,
Trump has already been run over many times. He just doesn't realize it. Closest analogy that I can come up with is "a dead man walking."
roger

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 07:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It's like on a2k. If you never admit you are wrong, you have never lost an argument.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 08:24 pm
@roger,
Trump kept attacking the Kahns, a gold star mother. This guy has no idea what it means to be a good American. All my siblings and I served in the military. My older brother served in Korea during the war.
What has Trump done for this country?
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2016 03:43 am
@cicerone imposter,
What's Trump done for this country?

HARM... Mostly harm.
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2016 04:08 am
Consider, do we still have young earthers running the EPA, I bet a lot gets done. (cynical)

Why fix the air when Jesus is coming back any minute now?

Just breath in the noxious toxic air and thank almighty God with whom anything is possible (except cleaning the air.) .

These Republicans Who Used To Run The EPA Are Terrified Of Trump, Too
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/republican-epa-administrators-endorse-clinton_us_57a9350ee4b06adc11f13ec3

Have no care for this world, only the paradise of the next, the last great imam is on their way and will appear any day now, or Jesus will descend from the clouds and bring a new earth with him!

God/Allah must be very pleased with them! (cynical)

It seems many religious people are unfit to do nearly anything but sit and pray to their powerless deity that fills them with negativity and hope for our own mutual destruction.

They say with such satisfaction, "When God comes back those liberals will get what they got coming!

The earth will quake and shake and we (the chosen few) will sit safely by watching." Like beloved homophobe Paul in the boat on the storm.

These religious nuts cannot even be good parents, think about it, they fill their kids with such fear of the future that children become paralyzed by hopelessness and develop all kinds of malady. They grow up (if those are the right words) to hate others with such disillusionment, in giving up on life they become worse than what they perceive liberals as, testing God's boundaries of depravity and decency to appease their own failure and guilt.

These unstable religious people hold jobs in our courts of law, teach in our schools and run some of our most vital government agencies.

It seems our US constitution has taken a backseat to the religious funny farm. This should not be the case.

In putting their hand on the Bible (or Koran) they swear to uphold the US Constitution, not their silly religion.

They lie...
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2016 07:16 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Then there are other regulators, like regulators who protect nuclear facilities, and regulators who inspect deep water oil wells (such as the Deepwater Horizon ), and regulators who sell nuclear materials to people with bogus certificates.

Be scared people, be scared

And yet you still believe the answer is more regulation, more regulators, more government...
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2016 07:21 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
What's Trump done for this country?

HARM... Mostly harm.

Actually he has done us a real service. He has held up a mirror in front of us.

Whether we make use of what we see is still a question.