Shelter from the Storm

Letty

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 03:22 pm
My word, panz. I had forgotten that you went to UVA.

You gonna translate that for us or not? You always amaze me, my blue grass buddy.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 03:31 pm
OK...I'll do a little every day...where's drom?...Drom I need your help
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 03:39 pm
Well, then. Allow me:

GOODBYE OF THE SEA No matter how hard guardarte tries when whole dismissing to me to my enclosure of solitude, no matter how hard it wants to drink your infinite eyes, your long silverplated afternoons, your vast gesture, gray and cold, I know that when returning to your borders we will feel very different. Never I will never return to verte with these eyes that today I watch to you. This apple perfume, from where comes? Oh dream mine, sea mine! Fúndeme, despójame of my meat, my mortal dress! Olvídame in the sand, and is I also a son more, a calm water volume that returns to you, to their saline birth, to live your life like saddest on the rivers! Fresh foam branches... Sleepy and vague boats... Children gathering up the honey the west of the sun... How new and fresh and clean the world...! It is born every day of the sea, crosses the ways that surround my soul, and runs to hide under the shady, dismal oil at night; it returns to his origin and principle. And that now has dejarte to undertake another way... No matter how hard it tries when dismissing to take your image to me, sea, with me; no matter how hard it wants traspasarte, fijarte, exact, in my senses; no matter how hard he looks for your chains to deny me to my destiny, I know that soon your gray thread mesh will be broken tenuous. Never I will never return to verte with these eyes that today I watch to you.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 03:45 pm
Works for me...a lovely thought
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 03:52 pm
But...but...but, it was your song. Although I would NOT cheat on edgar's thread about Poe, I did cheat just a tiny little bit on that translation. Very Happy
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 03:52 pm
man o man - I've been sleeping again. 5 pages.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 03:59 pm
Hey, husker. Do you know Spanish? Give us your version of a sea song.

We may be celebrating too early, though.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 04:06 pm
hmm it might take me a day or two and be very bad translation.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 04:10 pm
Not if you cheat, husker. Razz
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 04:20 pm
¡Por el mar, por el mar, por el mar, usted y el I usted y el I hermosos, oh! Cómo es feliz seremos, cuando viene cada onda un balanceo adentro, pato o nadada de la voluntad, y nosotros flotaremos y engañaremos alrededor del agua. ¿Encima y debajo, y entonces para arriba para el aire, PA es rico, el mA es rico, tan ahora cuál nosotros cuidado? Amo estar al lado de su lado, al lado del mar, al lado de la playa, por el mar hermoso
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 04:43 pm
bravo
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 04:46 pm
panzade wrote:
bravo

lol
found the song as asked google to do the rest Embarrassed
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 04:49 pm
Wonderful impressions Letty, and I am so glad to hear you are well. This has turned into a very enjoyable thread. I am glad all of you Floridians are well.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 04:50 pm
Thanks Cav, A2K lends itself to regional manifestations. There's something comforting about the brotherhood of territory.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 05:13 pm
Indeed panzade.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 05:13 pm
Ah, you dear folks. Back later after happy hour.
0 Replies