In love oh! I lie

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 03:32 pm
[This story was originally in spanish so feel free to note the errors in my writing]

I woke up because I was hungry, but didn't fancy anything. The sun struggled to get inside the bedroom. No matter how much I tried, my eyes refused to see their lids. I set my view apart from the ceiling and the first thing I saw was my guitar who seduced me like she usually does in the mornings, the tease. I sat in the chair for the private concerts and, without thinking, my fingers started playing Silvio's "la era...", quietly to not awaken Serena, who was still sleeping. When I noticed the music I was listening to, I became surprised that I still remembered that song and the memories played in my head while I carefully observed the long, red hair that covered the whole back of the woman that seemed to know I was studying her. I noticed a small scar on her back and a birthmark on her shoulder that I hadn't seen in the three years we had known each other.

I looked around the room and saw the debris of the night: socks, pants, the cap... wet... why? ... I dropped the guitar and ran to the window, opened up the curtains and saw the grayest morning I had ever seen. It was then that I remembered everything as if lightning had struck me: coffee, drinks, laughs, rain... Serena... she was not Serena... she no longer had long, red hair.

Terrified, my head turned 180 degrees and met the burning look of this woman that was not my Serena but caused a strange sensation in my heart and a familiar reaction in my shorts. I remembered everything else... the conversation, tears, my tears, kiss, passion, reason, lost, fabrics... resting, night, moans of prohibited pleasure - ¿why did I do this to Serena - ... but I couldn't remember her name.

- Return to bed honey, I'm cold. - she said (her voice was smooth and warm like a spring evening)
- What's your name?
- Luz... - she seemed surprised by the question - don't you remember it?
- How did you say you are named?
- My name is Alegria, I just told you.
- I'm sorry, you have to get out of my house.
- At seven in the morning? Are you out of your mind?
- Yes.
- You know my number, if you change your mind, call me.

As soon as she walked out the door with my parasol I dialed 673-7362. After eight rings the sleepy voice of my love answered. Hello. I'm sorry. What are you talking about?. Don't play with me, it just happened yesterday. He he, nothing happened to the dog. (dog?) What did we do yesterday?. We saw that new Brazilian movie, Andres; is there something wrong?. I'm very confused, I think I had a weird dream, but keep sleeping and I'll tell you later. Don't scare me like that. Are you sure you don't want to talk about it now?. Yes, don't worry... you rest now, I love you, you know that. I do too, call me at noon. Ok, goodbye. I hung up and kept thinking about what just happened. Who was that woman that left? I lied down again in the bed doubting everything I knew. All of a sudden, an angel hugged me and I fell asleep with my eyes open.

I woke up two hours later and the day stayed the same, but not me, I felt the need of being with the red-haired lady whose name was unknown. I picked up the phone, dialed a random number and the day became brighter when I heard the voice that said:

- I was waiting for your call.
- Who's speaking?
- Consuelo. How many times will I tell you?
- Come back, I want to talk to you.
- I think you want to do more than talking.
- You're right, come... I need you today.
- I'll go if you remember my name.
- Yes, (if) I remember.

She hung up. Five minutes later I heard knocks on the door, it was Serena. She had come because, after thinking about it, she had noticed something weird in my voice and wanted to know what it was about. When I saw her, I started crying without tears. I was going to tell her everything when I heard an additional set of knocks on the door. I froze, Serena took advantage of that to open the door and when she saw her there, she got mad. Who is this?. - My name is Brisa, hasn't he talked about me?. Andres, explain to me what is she doing here.

Serena, I love you today but also today, or yesterday, I fell in love with Esperanza.

At the same time the three of us started to cry and the two of us stopped crying. From that second, the happiest phase of my life started.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 703 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Pantalones

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 11:58 am
first and last bump
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 12:28 pm
lo lei y vuelvo en seguida
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 02:36 pm
Todavía estoy esperando (wonders why there isn't a tongue sticking out emoticon). Smile
0 Replies