Is The Conjuring greater than The Exorcist?

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 10:27 am
I give the edge to The Conjuring.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,783 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Syedzuhair

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 03:36 am
@Thomas33,
Ya it is !! And is Thrilling to watch !
Thomas33

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 09:08 am
@Syedzuhair,
The Conjuring has only the slight edge over The Exorcist because of the characters; TE has great characters, but TC has more of them.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 09:17 am
Almost any movie ever made is better than the Exorcist.
Thomas33

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 09:20 am
@edgarblythe,
Why don't you like The Exorcist?
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 11:11 am
@Thomas33,
Thomas33 wrote:

Why don't you like The Exorcist?

Me? Not as much as most people. I rated it a sign of disappointment with a 6/10 on IMDb.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 12:12 pm
@Thomas33,
Aside from promoting exorcism as something viable, it is repulsive to watch and listen to. I did not get halfway through before I turned away from it.
Thomas33

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 12:43 pm
@tsarstepan,
6/10 is actually okay, relatively speaking.
I'd rate The Conjuring 9/10, and TE 8.5/10.
0 Replies

Thomas33

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 12:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
It's funny you say that, because I recently watched The Conjuring 2 and thought that its biggest sin was to make religion enticing (I'm not actually anti-religion, just that I like to keep a logical perspective); the villains of The Conjuring series are excellent.
0 Replies

rubbywilliams

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 11:35 pm
Yes, for me it is conjuring.
Thomas33

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 07:01 am
@rubbywilliams,
The closet jump is the defining moment of the film.
The death of the family dog actually becomes sadder and more meaningful in retrospect, despite being something of a cliché (or is it?).

What are some other horror movies you like?

0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 04:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Aside from promoting exorcism as something viable, it is repulsive to watch and listen to. I did not get halfway through before I turned away from it.

Heh, promoting exorcism as something viable. It's a horror movie with fantasy characters like the Devil, Freddy Krueger from the Nightmare on Elm Street series, Michael Myers from Holloween,etc.

The Exorcist was very well done and conveyed an earnestness not found in too many horror movies.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 06:42 pm
@InfraBlue,
Everybody has their own views. To some it's art. To me it's vile crap.
0 Replies

Thomas33

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 08:12 pm
@InfraBlue,
How would you compare The Exorcist to The Conjuring?
InfraBlue

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 07:29 pm
@Thomas33,
I haven't seen The Conjuring.
0 Replies

nikyamstrong

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 07:35 pm
@Thomas33,
Magic Love Spells, Easy Love Spells, Powerful Love Spells. Real Love Spells, Magic divorce spells, Lovers Spells, Spell Casting Protection Spells Voodoo Dolls of love. Heal yourself now with powerful spells in the field of Love success, anwar sadat plays an important role in black white magic. And some of the white magic spells are Marriage Spells, Fertility Spells, Witch Craft Spells of love, Sex Spells, Lust Spells, Gay Love Spells, Lesbian Love Spells, attraction love spells, binding love spells, are in demand. Magic Love Spells for New Love or magic Love Spells to Attract new Love are very common spells.
LOST LOVER SPELLS Lost Love Spell or Spells are used or performed, if you have lost your loved one and all the efforts that you have tried have failed and there is no way that you can get him/her back. Lost love spell will bring your love back to you unconditionally. Also if your love is with someone else then by the power of this spell your love will break his or her relation and will be with you. email: [email protected]
Thomas33

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 08:12 pm
@nikyamstrong,
Thank you.
Have you seen either film?
0 Replies