Zip Drive Question

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 12:54 pm
Hi. Just got a quick question about my zip drive. It proablly a stupid question but I would not rather assume anything when is comes to computers. Embarrassed

Are Fujifilm Zip Disks compatible with Iomega 750MB Drives?

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 608 • Replies: 5
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 01:05 pm
"I signed that release form so feel free to just stick things in my slot". -Cameron Diaz to UPS guy, in Charlie's Angels.

Well, obviously, the first thing I'd look at, is the disk the same physical format? There may be more than one type/shape of Zip disk. Other than that, I would think any Zip disk would work in a Zip drive (trademark of Iomega). The drive will write at whatever density the disk is, 100MB, 250MB, etc.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 05:22 pm
Hmm we've only used Zip disks in ours. You might want to contact the manufacturer.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 05:32 pm
A Zip disk is a Zip disk. Fujifilm makes all kinds of media. I use their DLT tapes in my Quantum drives all the time.
0 Replies

lab rat

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 06:51 am
Fujifilm zip disks are perfectly compatible with Iomega drives. The one problem you may run into is that most 750 MB Zip drives will only write to disks 250 MB and larger--100 MB disks will be "read only".
0 Replies

Robert2513

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 05:51 pm
Thanks for replies. I am going to go out and purchase the Fujifilm disks. Thanks again.
0 Replies