The Feminization of Man

Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 09:31 am
"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned."

-- Samuel Clemens
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 09:32 am
So your computer has been released from hospital, Set?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 09:56 am
Damn Shocked
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 10:02 am
No Walter, i'm posting from work. I'll have a look at the fried computer at home tonight, and try to assess the cost and difficulty of putting it back into operation.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 10:03 am
I propose we make marriage illegal and reinstate the right to own multiple concubines. Then we can all get on with the business of being absolutely 'natural.'
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 10:19 am
Re: The Feminization of Man
OK, so I'm not such a smart guy like the other posters that came here (tho I recognize something of a soul brother in Gus), and I must admit I lacked both the stamina and the understanding to succeed in reading your entire text.

In fact, I didn't get very far with it at all. So instead, I'll just remark on this one observation right there in the second paragraph or so:

Wanderer wrote:
A male nipple may be worthless to a man but a matter of grave importance to a woman.

See, here at least I possess the subjective, experience-based expertise to be able to disagree.

You see, I must admit I am actually quite fond of my nipples. They are quite sensitive. In sex, there's something about occassionally submitting, and when you wrestle each other to the ground, and she playfully pins you down, intently watching you and every of your reactions as she touches you, her nails grazing your neck, down your chest and further still, and as she then touches your nipples and perhaps gently squeezes them with a look in her eyes that suggests something much darker, that can be quite breathtaking.

Whether this means that conversely, my nipples are a matter of grave importance to a woman, I am not self-confident enough to say, though I should hope they at least merit a wistful thought now and then. But in any case I suspect that your assertion on that latter count is the result of an awkward grammatical construction rather than personal conviction, so I won't push it on that one.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 11:01 am
nimh, I have to admit, I would have responded to Wanderer earlier, but when I got his original post, I needed laser surgery on my eyes, so I was sadly delayed. I might also add that women's nipples are of grave importance to a man as well, if one is hetero.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 12:03 pm
Wanderer wrote:
Schopenhauer, using his reason and personal observations and his knowledge of scientific insights in his time, made the assumption that the universe is a product of a blind will and all objects and phenomena in it like notes in a symphony.
Very reminiscent of modern day String-Theory revelations.

Spoken like someone who either doesn't understand Schopenhauer or doesn't understand string theory.

And was I the only one here who was strangely aroused by nimh's last post?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 12:05 pm
I'm not so sure about nimh's 'post' joe, but I did enjoy the nipple confessions.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 01:07 pm
Asherman,

"It is held to be a good taunt, and somehow or other to clinch the question logically, when and old gentleman waggles his head and says: 'Ah, so I thought when I was your age.' It is not thought an answer at all, if the young man retorts: 'My venerable sir, so I shall most probably think when I am yours.'" - Robert Louis Stevenson
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 01:19 pm
Perhaps. In any case you have my best wishes.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 03:01 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
And was I the only one here who was strangely aroused by nimh's last post?

Mr. Green

"nimh's nipple confessions" ... ya think it cd be a book? Razz
0 Replies

Wanderer

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 08:47 pm
Ah, I see the level of conversation here is becoming clearer.

Oh well,I tried.
Back to discussing bosons and...nipples, with the lot of you.
I'll be wandering off for a while.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 08:48 pm
Wanderer wrote:

Oh well,I tried.
Back to discussing bosons with the lot of you.

careful though, the air is so thin up there on Mt. Olympus......say hello to Zeus for me....
0 Replies

Eccles

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 11:27 pm
The feminisation of man? WHat about the masculinisation of women? That has had a lot stronger social impact in the past forty years or so.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 03:06 am
Wanderer wrote:

Oh well,I tried.
Back to discussing bosons and...nipples, with the lot of you.

Lest we forget, you brought up the nipples.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 04:17 am
And most eloquently so.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 06:01 am
I y'all weren't such a buncha girly-men, you'da tripped right away to the profound righteousness of the initial thesis . . .
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 06:40 am
Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 07:25 am
Setanta wrote:
I y'all weren't such a buncha girly-men, you'da tripped right away to the profound righteousness of the initial thesis . . .

smokin that shiznit again, Set Doggy Dogg?
0 Replies