[B]i really need to find an affordable laptop asap[/B]

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 06:40 am
The problem is, I only have a debit card - no checking account and no credit cards - and I can't find anywhere that accepts payments unless it's on their store credit card. Does anyone know where I can go? I can't wait until tax season, I need it for work ASAP.
Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 506 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 07:02 am
rochelle--

Welcome to A2K.

Have you tried asking a bank or credit union for a small loan?

Can you get a store credit card?

Good luck.
0 Replies

Don77

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 09:54 am
You only have a debit card, with no checking account ?
Does this remove the funds from a savings account ? I never heard of that before, Typically done with checking accounts,
Based on your credit, If it is good you should be able to get a store credit card.

You said you need the lap top for work ? Wont they help you out ?
0 Replies

rochelle

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 10:53 am
I can't go to a bank because I have my car and house loans right now. As far as a store credit card, about 3 years ago I wasn't as smart as I am now and I added my daughter's father to all of my accounts - checking, credit, savings, ect. This was before I was pregnant. About a month before I found out I was pregnant he told me he had another woman and he was moving in with her because she was prognant with his son. So after he left I started getting all of these letters saying I owed money for late fees and overdrafts and all that good stuff. All of my acconts got closed. I never worried about it before because he would just tell me how much $ he needed for my half and I'd give it to him. Now I know better. My daughter is 16 months old and I've been doing it alone since day 1, so money is kind of tight and I haven't even begun to get through the old bills yet. I'll finally start getting $75 a month for child support, and that's what the debit card is. It's just like a savings account that the child support will be automatically put into each month. I know it probably sounds horrible that I'd use my daughter's child support for myself, I've been debating this in my head since the day I fianlly got my papers, but I figure for the last year and a half and for the next 17 or 18 years 95% of my paychecks are spent taking care of her. I think I deserve to spend $75 a month on something I need when she's getting way more than that from me. Besides, I'll actually be using it for work and not for fun. The reason I need it for work is we're open 24/7 and I'll have to get up and go in at 3am or we'll be at a restauraunt just getting our food and I get paged. Since it's just my baby and me that means I have to take her with me no matter what time it is. I'm salary so my work could care less if I get to work from home, they're just not going to pay for me to do it. They're really cheap. If I want to work from home when I'm off then it's up to me to pay for it.
0 Replies