Is Atheism the New Age Religion?

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2016 06:29 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Many of your posts are snotty sounding.
Im sure that's true, the nature of online debate makes for a lot of snotty repartee. But in pointing out mine, I think you're cherry picking.

And I don't do personal insults.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2016 02:01 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
But I wouldn't have bothered asking Chumly if what you said was true.
Then why did you start off with a snide comment about how little you can learn from someone. Like Ive said about you "Youre a quantum dude, youwant to occupy two poles at the same time"
It's a matter of record (as mentioned a time or two over the years) that I appreciate your posts, as well as all the other posters that use a logic-based / evidence-based approach (too many posters to list, but you know who you are). It is the reason I drop by from time to time. It's unfortunate that Leadfoot is unwilling / unable to utilize the disciplines of a logic-based / evidence-based approach.

"It is from the Bible that man has learned cruelty, rapine, and murder; for the belief of a cruel God makes a cruel man.” - Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason

momoends

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2016 09:44 pm
@Leadfoot,
ok, i don´t know much about other atheist here but if we are talking about atheism, i think we should stuck to that concept alone.... it´s like we were talking about christians and i begun talking about opus dei practices as if they were common things to all christians .... maybe the thread should be: Is the methodological naturalism the new age religion? No one of the atheist i´ve met are methodological naturalists..... That said, i was born in a celt culture and we kind of honor the forest and earth, but nowadays it´s more about being grateful than worshiping Gaia
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 10:15 am
@Chumly,
Quote:
It's unfortunate that Leadfoot is unwilling / unable to utilize the disciplines of a logic-based / evidence-based approach.

You and farmer make that claim a lot but don't provide an example of where I departed from logic and reason.

As atheists often hurl at theists, "Evidence please".
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 10:21 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Quote:
It's unfortunate that Leadfoot is unwilling / unable to utilize the disciplines of a logic-based / evidence-based approach.

You and farmer make that claim a lot but don't provide an example of where I departed from logic and reason.

As atheists often hurl at theists, "Evidence please".

It's all there! LOL
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 11:32 am
@cicerone imposter,
I think you missed my meaning...
0 Replies