Is Atheism the New Age Religion?

fresco

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 11:22 am
@Expert2,
Rolling Eyes
I suggest you give simplistic accusations about 'censorship' a rest! You blatantly use words like 'fact' and 'false' in such a naive philosophical manner that 'debate' with you would be a waste of time. It's not a question of 'free speech' at all . It's a question of growing up on your part so that you can move beyond the high school debating club. Try googling 'theories of truth' if you want to know what level might be required on this forum.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 11:40 am
@Expert2,
Quote:
As professionals, teachers must be free to examine controversial issues openly in the classroom. The right to examine controversial issues is based on the democratic commitment to open inquiry and on the importance of decision-making involving opposing points of view and the free examination of ideas. The teacher is professionally obligated to maintain a spirit of free inquiry, open-mindedness and impartiality in the classroom. Informed diversity is a hallmark of democracy to be protected, defended, and valued. (Emphasis added.)

You're trying too hard to support your religious beliefs. Our Constitution already guarantees the "freedom of religion" and the "freedom of speech."

Religion is based on faith. There are many religions in this world. Many religions are much older than the christian religion.

What more do you wish to discuss?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 12:11 pm
@snood,
LEadfoot has clearly demonstrated that he will only "learn something new" ifonly its been "Filtered" through his net of Christianity. He sees genetics as supporting a creationist (ID version) "biological inquiry"> HE then calls that open mindedness. Im sorry . You must be not reading hos posts.
As far as "Who is this saint" Facts are facts, they are only replaced by new facts when it can be demonstrated that they are neither complete nor demonstrably accurate.

Phlogiston was such a "fact"
Hliocntrism is another.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 12:14 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
But I wouldn't have bothered asking Chumly if what you said was true.
Then why did you start off with a snide comment about how little you can learn from someone. Like Ive said about you "Youre a quantum dude, youwant to occupy two poles at the same time"
farmerman

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 12:17 pm
@Expert2,
Quote:
While atheist proselytize their manmade dogma, claiming their theories are facts, they are looking more and more like a Religion.
While facts can become dogma, not all dogma are facts.If it caint be tested , its not science( althoughIT may be mathematics).
momoends

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 12:34 pm
@farmerman,
would anybody tell me the dogma of an atheist?... please
timur

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 12:50 pm
@momoends,
Quote:
Dogma:
- a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true.

Just the contrary of an atheist..
momoends

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 12:58 pm
@timur,
jajajaja i know what dogma is but if they say we have one, what are those principles and who´s the authority laying them down as incontrovertibly true?
timur

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 01:01 pm
@momoends,
You don't like the answer, it seems, as you just repeat the question..
momoends

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 01:08 pm
@timur,
no no, i like the answer, si
i thought that if they are sure of the atheist dogma being impose at any chance, the should know the principles and the authority?
How could they assure there´s an atheist dogma if non of its components exists?
timur

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 01:16 pm
@momoends,
Who are you saying that assures there's an atheist dogma?
momoends

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 01:20 pm
@timur,
expert2

i don´t get to see any post where that dogma is detailed, but it seems where are forcing to be shared.... i don't expect Expert2 to answer so i thought maybe you knew cause you haven´t asked them what the hell they were talking about, therefore i thought that dogma was discussed about earlier
timur

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 01:33 pm
@momoends,
Expert2 is a dilettante in matters of religious vs atheist debate.

He pretends to know what an atheist is, while he doesn't even understand the word atheist.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 01:56 pm
@timur,
So funny, but true! LOL
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 03:37 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Then why did you start off with a snide comment about how little you can learn from someone.

Now you've sunk to making up crap. That never happened.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 03:56 pm
@momoends,
Quote:
How could they assure there´s an atheist dogma if non of its components exists?

As far as the formal definition of atheist goes, there is no dogma associated with it.

But in a2k discussions/debates, atheists generally identify themselves with methodological naturalism. That is the world view that everything has a natural cause and that explicitly excludes any supernatural beings or forces. That is as close to atheist dogma or religion as it gets.

Im sure there are atheists here that will say 'You can't box me into that definition' and of course they are right, But I'm talking about the ones who usually join into the threads with theist/religious themes.
farmerman

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 03:56 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Sorry, I thought that implied you had something worthy of being taught.
no, thats ney snide. I think you said you have 3 ex-wives. I think I know why. Are you a functional autistIte?
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 04:06 pm
@farmerman,
Not snide at all. That was in responce to Chumly saying first that I wasn't willing to be taught by him then later saying he didn't offer to teach me anything when I asked.

I definitely did not say that there was little I could be taught, as you charged.

As far as your personal insults go, thanks for showing another side to who I'm dealing with here.
thack45

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 05:20 pm
Is Atheism the New Age Religion?

Sure, why not? Let's let the babies have their bottles
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 11:31 pm
@Leadfoot,
I think youonly hear yourself talking hen you write. Try to read as if youre the recipient. Many of your posts are snotty sounding.