Is Atheism the New Age Religion?

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 08:45 am
@InfraBlue,
Yes, I've already acceded to that chance, no matter how small.

Quote:
Leadfoot wrote:
"But if and when the designer/creator shows up, it would come as no surprise because the evidence for design is virtually everywhere, after the fact."

You've stated a presumption fallacy

What makes it so?

I mean the scenario where God shows up and shows even the most skeptical 'non believer' that he exists. Once the shock wears off, wouldn't it be obvious that he is the most plausible explanation for all the design around us?

What would it take to convince you in that scenario?
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 09:37 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
Leadfoot wrote:
"But if and when the designer/creator shows up, it would come as no surprise because the evidence for design is virtually everywhere, after the fact."

You've stated a presumption fallacy

What makes it so?

I mean the scenario where God shows up and shows even the most skeptical 'non believer' that he exists. Once the shock wears off, wouldn't it be obvious that he is the most plausible explanation for all the design around us?

What would it take to convince you in that scenario?

You're merely piling on more assumptions, this time involving what you believe to be "obvious."
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 10:36 am
@InfraBlue,
OK, you don't want to do the thought experiment.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 11:31 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
...the evidence for design is virtually everywhere...
Assuming I was to accept your unfounded notion that said evidence is virtually everywhere, but what stretch of credulity could that lead to an argument for approaching the Abrahamic mythologies as anything but utter dog poop, cobbled together by ignorant superstitious people from the Iron Age?

****, at least I have the courtesy to pick up my dog's poop, instead of leaving it out for centuries, smelling up billions of peoples’ common scents.
mark noble

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 11:34 am
@InfraBlue,
He is a troll - And has never added one iota of insight on any single thread.
What did you expect?
0 Replies

Expert2

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 11:47 am
@Expert2,
Hurry before able2know hinders free speech and removes the link! http://able2know.org/topic/330993-1
mark noble

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 11:51 am
@Expert2,
I'm only a post or two from my next suspension.
Bet they're reading me faster than I can type:)

Nvm - Wales kickoff in an hour - I had to visit this place to pass time between.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 11:54 am
@Chumly,
Quote:
Assuming I was to accept your unfounded notion that said evidence is virtually everywhere, but what stretch of credulity could that lead to an argument for approaching the Abrahamic mythologies as anything but utter dog poop, cobbled together by ignorant superstitious people from the Iron Age?
Once you accept the hypothesis that we are in and part of a created universe and that there may be clues about it in the bible(?) it is a long process too involved for a single forum post to explain.

But since you start out with the unfounded premise that it's utter dog poop, I doubt any number of forum posts would have any effect on your outlook.
timur

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 11:58 am
@mark noble,
Mark Noble wrote:
Wales kickoff in an hour

And kicked out two hours later?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 01:05 pm
@Leadfoot,
It's unfortunate but unsurprising that the best you've got is the repetitive puerile mindless adaptation of: 'I know you are but what am I'. It would be much more interesting if there was something to learn from you, and clearly you have no interest in learning from me.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 01:12 pm
@Chumly,
What is it you wanted to teach? (other than you think belief in God is nuts).
Expert2

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 01:26 pm
@Leadfoot,
Open dialogue to the atheist is forbidden fruit. Heaven forbid if there is another viewpoint, so they shut it down.
Chumly

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 09:35 pm
@Expert2,
And by what set of rational criteria do you propose to define this so-called "atheist"?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2016 09:50 pm
@Leadfoot,
I made no such claim as per a desire to teach you. Further, I would be remiss if I did not point out your singular overwhelming success, your ability to misconstrue is second to none; practice make perfect I suppose and congratulations are in order.
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 08:00 am
@Chumly,
Quote:
and clearly you have no interest in learning from me.
Sorry, I thought that implied you had something worthy of being taught.

I'm always interested in learning something new.
From anybody.
farmerman

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 08:54 am
@Leadfoot,
as long as it comports with your worldview.
snood

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 08:57 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I'm sorry - you know someone with perfect openmindedness- who doesn't more readily listen to those who support his worldview? Who is this blessed mensch?
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 09:20 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
As rare as that is, it's nice when it happens.
But I wouldn't have bothered asking Chumly if what you said was true.
Expert2

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 10:40 am
@Leadfoot,
While atheist proselytize their manmade dogma, claiming their theories are facts, they are looking more and more like a Religion. A False One at that. :-)

Something they detest is what they are Becoming.
momoends

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 10:52 am
@snood,
not at all, i was taught exactly that way
0 Replies