Problems at home, etc.

arcvile

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 08:27 pm
I'll start off by saying that I am a male, live in Texas, am 16, and my girlfriend and I have a child due in less than six months.
I live at home, with one parent, although parents are married (other parent is overseas in Korea serving ARMY)
I am furthering my education (going to graduate early from an online high school I pay for), and working damn near full time (70 hours every two weeks).
As I said, I have a baby coming in 6 months. I am supporting this baby in every way imaginable, even though he/she is not even born yet. I will be supporting my child throughout it's entire life, and am starting early. I already have a nice amount of money saved for the baby.
My mother and father are gambling addicts. My mother will not allow me to see the child's mother, even though I am supporting her and the unborn child. I work my ass off every day to support this baby and I cannot even see it's mother. My mom tells me all the time that she "does not give a **** if you hate me or not", and "i don't care, you are the one ******* up your life",etc. If she does not want to have anything to do with me or my future child, why should I still be under her control?
My girlfriend's mother will allow us to marry, and will allow me to stay there until I can get out on my own feet. She is very supportive of the situations, as it happened to her also.
Anytime I try to go see my girlfriend, my mom says she is going to call the Cops and report me as a Runaway so that I go to juvenile.
I just need something to do. I can support my baby, and myself with my checks. All that will be asked of me is to pay a percentage of every bill, rent, utilities, etc. I can do that, easily.
I need to get out of my house, for my sake, and my child's sake. I just need some advice on what I can do, legally. I am not a bad kid, and am trying to be as responsible as I can. I just need some help, it seems like everything good I do is thrown back at me and turned around. I cannot take her being involved in my life anymore. My mom makes me wish I was not put here sometimes.
Any help . . . Thanks.
Sorry if it seems I am just another irresponsible, whiny teenager.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 730 • Replies: 9
No top replies

princesspupule

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 09:00 pm
Apparently, texas doesn't emancipate minors, it has a law,
Quote:

"Removal of Disability of Minority", located in Chapter 31 of the Texas Family Code.

http://www.janesdp.org/emancipation.htm

Check out the link above, and take note of the hotline number. Perhaps they would have relevant information to your situation.

Good luck! PP
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 01:52 am
arcvile
I don't know anything about Texas laws and am sorry I can't give you advice, but I wanted to offer you my emotional support. You sound like a responsible young man and I wish you, your girl, and your baby the very best. I'm sure others will come along with some advice for you.

Good luck.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 02:16 am
I don't know anything neither about the legal situation
-I'm sure, there's some way to come out of - and someone surely will show it!-
but like Montana I just want to say that you doing a great job and sound more responsible than most of your age I know!
0 Replies

rochelle

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 04:50 am
arcvile
I don't really know how Texas laws work, but you can go to www.winchildcustody.com and they have a ton of resources there that can probably help you. And don't worry, you don't sound anything like a whiny, irresponsible teenager. My daughter is 2 years old and I've been doing it myself from day 1. Too bad more dad's aren't like you.
Good Luck
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 06:07 am
I agree rochelle. I wish the father of my son were as responsible as you are. Keep up the good work and always be there for your child and the reward is priceless.

My son is 17 and his father hasn't payed him very much attention through his life and now my son no longer speaks to his father.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 06:27 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31313
0 Replies

arcvile

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 10:20 pm
I've spoken to a local police officer, and have made a rather interesting discovery.
Once I receive either my GED, or high school diploma, I am no longer bound to coming home. That saves me a lot of trouble, as I am about to get my diploma.
Also, this allowing me to move out, I can wait until I turn 17 and be married.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 11:02 pm
Seems that you can live with that rather positive perspective.

All the very best for you!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 05:22 am
arcvile--

Good news. Official information is always a comfort. Good luck.
0 Replies