A few poems

drom et reve

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 06:09 pm
Dys: I may have said it before, and I will probably say it again-- you are a genius with words.

Simplified perspectives are the tools of those who can't expand...

Diane, I am truly glad that you took a look at all of this. I don't believe in much revision-- as everything is written for some sort of purpose-- so I am glad that you found something good of these drafts. I guess that I don't see the point in not focusing on life's shades of grey...

0 Replies

smog

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 10:20 am
fortune wrote:
You see, occasionally I shall intentionally take the part of a character quite different to myself. I always find it fascinating, however, to see how people react to the characters I make up. Often, when trying to project a certain personality, my audience will recieve an impression of something quite different.

Combining ideas from Borges and realjohnboy, just let them think what they want. The more that someone can accept a completely fictional story or idea as truth, the more successful your writing has become. Then, you get the supreme pleasure of internally smiling and keeping the initial motivations secret.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 12:09 pm
Heh heh, good point, Smo!
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 05:10 pm
Heh heh heh, smo....
0 Replies