What Are Your Alltime Favorite Cartoons

izzythepush

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2021 04:05 am
Oliver Postgate's stuff was always very gentle Aliens like the Clangers and Ivor the Engine were very easygoing, but Noggin the Nog was something else.

Inspired by Norse legend it had dragons storytelling in ancient halls and a villain called Nogbad the Bad.

It was like Beowulf for kids.

Another popular piece of stop go animation was Captain Pugwash. He was a pirate whose crew may or may not have had rude names like Master Bates and Seaman Staines. I can't remember if they did or if it was just a story heard later on in life.

He also did Sir Prancelot an ineffective Knight whose evil nemesis was Count Otto. He even used him for Eeny Meanie.

Eeny Meany miney mo
Catch Count Otto by the toe,
If hehollars don't let him go,
Eeny meany miney Oh no.

I think meany miney didn't turn out the way he wanted.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2021 07:26 am
Nobody could match the Warner Brothers cartoons, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Yosemite Sam, et al. That is until the modern Simpsons, family guy, Bob's Burgers, et al.
0 Replies

MikeTK

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2021 12:04 pm
Tom and jerry
Courage the cowardly dog
Dexter's lab
Johnny Bravo
0 Replies

marcusess 84

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2021 06:25 am
@TomTomBinks,
I rarely watch cartoons. Remember that as a child I loved to watch Pokemon. My favorite hero is Pikachu.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2021 01:29 am
Speed Buggy Theme Song

0 Replies