Kids become desensitized to violence.
1. I don't believe that kids became desensitized to the violence they saw on Looney Tunes, Merrie Melodies, and Warner Bros. cartoons.
2. The kids just had enough common sense to know that it wasn't real.
3. The kids saw those cartoons for what they were, which was funny slapstick comedy.
It's a norm to have cartoon characters engaging in violent behavior, especially in slapstick comedy cartoons. Often times the violence is unrealistic, and kids except it because it's in cartoons. They know it isn't real.
1. I agree.
2. As kids we never went out and copied the violence that we saw on Looney Tunes, Merrie Melodies, and Warner Bros. cartoons.
3. We kids had enough sense to know that it wasn't real and that it was merely slapstick comedy.
4. We kids laughed at it and enjoy these cartoons for what they were, which was basically slapstick comedy.