of our sensible shoes.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 727 • Replies: 11
No top replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:52 am
Wonderful words, Cav. Routine is a slow death...

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 03:01 am
Thanks drom. I tried office work, a long time ago and decided it was either quit or hang myself with my own tongue, the attempt of which would have been far more interesting than the job. I think you should take a peek at the last entry in the profanity thread. I dug up a rare deleted Eliot limerick...
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 03:13 am
Weirdly, I checked it out before reading this; our minds must be on an unusual synch. You know that I will always laugh loudly about good Eliot-related humour Very Happy. (There's not much of that these days...)

O, the only office job that I ever had was working out gas bills-- was yours more boring than this? (I'm guessing that it was.) I threw it in after a day and a half. I can't stand office politics, or being stuck in one place...

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 03:17 am
When I was younger, I took on a few horrible jobs, just to make a little disposable cash. I worked in a print shop, did filing for an accountant and a laywer, and spent two days as a theatre usher as a teen. I did work for a contractor for a bit, painting houses and doing some construction work but was fired because honestly, I have no clue how to do any of that stuff. Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 03:43 am
I'm very impressed with your poem, cav. To me, it's not just about work, but also about struggling with personal pain by blocking it out & going through the motions of living.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 03:52 am
Thanks msolga. I suppose that must mean it's good poetry, if it works on different levels. I was pleased with it.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 04:09 am
I like your interpretation, Olga.

Oh no! How did you get a job painting without knowing how to do it? Was there any particular reason why your ushering lasted a few days? Thinking about things, I have only ever had that job, and a job in lecturing, that were jobs that I did for others... I guess that I prefer reaping my work's benefits for myself...

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 04:32 am
Contractor job, dad is an architect, he was trying to do me a favour setting me up there.

Usher job, first puke clean-up, I was out of there. As the 'junior', my Nazi boss made me do all the really crappy jobs.
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 01:32 pm
cavfancier said....'i was out of there.....'

Laughing Laughing Laughing

(I had a FEW of those experiences, Cav... unfortunately, I couldn't
"quit" the job, they were my children...)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 01:37 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

kellyvinal

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 06:14 am
Stunning, stark, sad and vivid - all wrapped in a spicy burrito!
0 Replies