British PM Shot to Death

izzythepush

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 03:07 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
Finn's had a downer on the UK since he boasted about finding out about the real UK from a black cab driver. (Yeah, right.) He then revealed that the taxi driver told him he had to drive a different route to the airport because there was a garage there that sold "better" petrol. (I know, you couldn't make it up.)

Anyway after the cabbie had done Finn up like a kipper Finn gave him an extra large tip as a reward. Takes "stupid American," to a completely different level.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 04:22 am
Quote:
And now he's mocking Jo's widower.

He's one of those trolls that feeds, like a vampire, on suffering, pain and disgust. Kind of like a cockroach or those leeches that attach to wounds.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 04:32 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
He's also got tunnel vision. When I tried to tell him that our garages all stock the same petrol/diesel, that there are no garages that stock better petrol, he wouldn't have it, preferring to live in his delusional world where cabbies treat him with respect and not like a mug who'll pay through the nose for a load of rightwing bullshit and a trip round the houses.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 04:38 am
I rarely agree with the British PM. But I do agree what he said, that "it was time for the UK to think about the need to “treasure and value our democracy”.
Democracy is English heritage, not Nazi propaganda.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 06:29 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
The campaign to leave the European Union has also focused with laser-like intensity on immigration and immigrants in recent weeks. On the day of Ms Cox’s killing Ukip leader Nigel Farage unveiled a poster featuring refugees that was likened by many onf social media to “Nazi propaganda”.

After Ms Cox’s killing Mr Cox said: “[Jo] would have wanted two things above all else to happen now, one that our precious children are bathed in love and two, that we all unite to fight against the hatred that killed her. Hate doesn't have a creed, race or religion, it is poisonous.”
Quoted from: Jo Cox’s bereaved husband says mainstream politicians are legitimising extremist anti-immigrant views
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 06:58 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
When I tried to tell him that our garages all stock the same petrol/diesel, that there are no garages that stock better petrol, he wouldn't have it,

The petrol distributors have a sharing arrangement whereby they supply each other's filling stations where necessary to minimise tanker mileage all round. There is no such thing as a 'brand' of petrol, except on forecourt signage.

Black cab drivers tend to be pretty good judges of their passengers. I rode in one from Petty France to Paddington on Tuesday and the driver told me he'd had Jeremy Corbyn in the back a few weeks before, and that he agreed with Jeremy about Europe, and that if Boris Johnson was the Goering of the Leave campaign, Nigel Farage was its Goebbels. To say I was surprised is an understatement.

izzythepush

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 07:19 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
Tes yeux noirs wrote:
The petrol distributors have a sharing arrangement whereby they supply each other's filling stations where necessary to minimise tanker mileage all round. There is no such thing as a 'brand' of petrol, except on forecourt signage.

Saying stuff like that will only confirm you're part of the 'liberal conspiracy' dedicated to make Finn look like a half wit by telling wicked lies.

Btw, did you see Corbyn on the Last Leg the other day. He came off quite well. And the news agencies trying to cast him as lukewarm on Europe failed to point out that on the scale of 1 to 10 about Europe, 10 was jumping up and down on the sofa like Tom Cruise. If anyone is that enthusiastic about Europe they need locking up. So in context 7.5 is pretty enthusiastic if you're normal.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 08:46 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
If anyone is that enthusiastic about Europe they need locking up. So in context 7.5 is pretty enthusiastic if you're normal.

I'm very abnormal, then.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 10:25 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Slightly altered from the first post wrote:

Horrible and inexcusable, but that doesn't mean it was unpredictable.

Left-wing governments in Europe have promoted multi-cultural acceptance of Jews who have no desire to assimilate and make every effort they can manage to steer the culture of their new homeland towards what they left.

Did anyone really believe that the tolerant people of Europe were going to sit back and watch their heritage consumed by Judiaism?

Right-wing reactions were inevitable

Blame the people who created the untenable situation.

Finn, I truly want you to understand why I find your position so barbaric (and I am criticizing your post rather than attacking you personally).

I changed two words in your post. And it isn't that much of a change... the attacker was, in fact, by his own words, a Nazi. Today's extreme right wingers aren't that much different than they were in the last century.

Do you see it now?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 10:58 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
... the attacker was, in fact, by his own words, a Nazi.
Not really, he claimed to be a "political activist" during his arrest.
But with all the Nazi stuff he'd got, it could be the same.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 11:27 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Politics are not a matter of life and death?

Really Walter?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 11:32 am
@izzythepush,
And I never said he was black because he was white. You lying pustule.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 11:45 am
@maxdancona,
No.

It's absurd to suggest I'm excusing this woman's murder.

The Allies chose to punish Germany in the extreme after WWI and it wasn't simply a matter of righteousness, it was also motivated by greed.

Hitler and the Nazis arose to power, in large measure, because of these punitive measures.

This is simply the fact. It doesn't excuse Hitler and the Nazis.

The universe is ruled, in part, by the law of cause and effect. It doesn't matter at all if a cause was, in part, benign, if it was utterly stupid and the effect was predictable.

I take no pleasure from the rise of the right-wing in Europe, but it is happening and it is happening because of left-wing policies. Anyone who thinks I take pleasure in the death of this woman is an idiot. Go back and look at everything I've written. Nothing I wrote suggests her death was warranted, excusable or whatever vile accusations have been thrown at me. I said it was predictable.

With each new Islamist attack in Europe, the right-wing gets stronger, and there will be more attacks because the West doesn't have the will to destroy it's enemy. This doesn't have anything to do with ideology it's common sense.

And here's another prediction: Her tragic death won't be the last.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 12:27 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Politics are not a matter of life and death?

Really Walter?
I wrote:
When you present politics as a matter of life and death, as a question of national survival, I'm not really surprised that someone takes you at your word.
Perhaps this is a European liberal view in your opinion, butI don't think that you can murder someone because you agree with the politics she/he supports, even when others prepare the ground such.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 12:39 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
My God! Who has said that anyone can murder someone because of politics.

This is just more shite.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 12:43 pm
I guess I'm not the only loathsome loon

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/orlando-jo-cox-and-the-deadly-ideas-that-shape-our-world/2016/06/17/574b9122-3488-11e6-8ff7-7b6c1998b7a0_story.html?wpisrc=nl_opinions&wpmm=1
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 12:45 pm
this discussion seems to be going well.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 12:46 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
this discussion seems to be going well.
At least, the British PM is still alive.
farmerman

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 12:58 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Im sure Finnsy now will know the differences between PM and MP
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2016 01:01 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Quote:
if Boris Johnson was the Goering of the Leave campaign, Nigel Farage was its Goebbels.

On the train, all the way to Bristol, I was thinking of what the taxi driver had said, and trying to fit Nazi ringleader identities to other prominent Leave campaigners. I came up with Gove as Julius Streicher, Gisela Stewart (!) as Jutta Rüdiger, but I can't see a Führer anywhere.

I am surprised again by an outstanding sensible opinion piece by Nick Cohen in the arch-Tory Spectator, headed "Why the Leave campaign should pray they don’t win", and sub-headed "When voters discover the consequences of abandoning common sense, they won’t blame themselves". Among other wise things, Cohen says:

Quote:
Our common sense also ought to tell us that ‘there is no magic money tree’. Sensible conservatives have told us so often enough in the past. Yet now, all of a sudden, one of the greatest miracles in natural history has occurred: a magic money tree has appeared from nowhere. If we only vote to leave, its beneficence will ensure that we have tens of billions of pounds to spend on the health service, school buildings, school places, scientific research...

Quote:
I know hucksters when I see them. When he argued in favour of a representative parliament, Burke warned of the dangers of politicians becoming ‘bidders at an auction of popularity… Flatterers instead of legislators; the instruments, not the guides, of the people.’ He forgot to add that the worst fate that could befall political flatterers is to win.

0 Replies