Naked women for, well, a couple of things.....

littlek

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 07:05 pm
In Melbourne: a radio station has organised a thingmy in which 100 chicks in Melbourne will be disrobing sometime between 6.00 a.m. and 9.00 a.m. tomorrow morning (Jan 23rd) to perform a naked rain dance in the hope of ending the drought we are experiencing......

and

SAN FRANCISCO, Jan 16 (Reuters) - Donna Sheehan wants to stop what she believes is the U.S. military's naked aggression in Iraq by taking off her clothes and getting women across the world to do the same.
The 72-year-old California artist has recruited her friends and neighbors to use their nude bodies to spell out the words "No War" and "Peace" in protests that are drawing attention and spurring women worldwide to bare all in the name of peace.
Naked For Peace
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 9,315 • Replies: 141
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 07:08 pm
Years ago, when someone wanted to make a point, he went on a hunger strike. Now it's nudity. The problem is, neither strategems work, but it does get a lot of media coverage!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 07:09 pm
I will be on the sidelines rooting them on!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 07:10 pm
I volunteer to be the choreographer Cool
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 07:13 pm
Okay, if I must have a function other than cheerleader - I'll be the photographer!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 07:17 pm
It's ok with me, but we don't want to break up the symmetry. if the women doff their clothes, I think that the guys should go au naturel. Fair is fair!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 07:34 pm
Wilso, maybe - but you don't want to see me - I assure you. Besides, a photographer must remain impartial!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 07:42 pm
Uh Uh If we're going to be fair, we have to include EVERYBODY!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 08:04 pm
Hey, I'm in! Better not do it around here right now, though ... the forecast highs for the coming week are all on the bottom side of 0 F.

Wouldn't make for a very long "Statement", I fear. The photographers would have to work very quickly.

timber
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 08:07 pm
no one's goin' nekkid round here either - it's all about polar fleece and wearing 2 pairs of socks these days

i'm curious about wilso's offer to be choreographer. what kinds of moves does he have in mind?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 08:10 pm
<grin>

media coverage is good in it's own right....

Now, who do we know down Melbourne way?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 08:16 pm
Are we talking Melbourne, Florida, or Melbourne, Australia ?? Question (see, I know there's a difference!)

Msolga lives in Oz. Nekkid is about right for this climate at present, except that the sun is pretty fierce! Nekkid and a bucket of sun-blockout - including the bucket! Razz
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 08:18 pm
Hope things don't go snapping off in the cold. That's gonna be a long trip for me to San Fran and then out to Melbourne - or is it the other way around! Getting my tickets now and charging to A2K. Packing bags and heading out - bye everyone, see you there!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 08:20 pm
Margo - I think that it's Melbourne, OZ. The info was a bit fuzzy. Sunblock, indeed!

Um, ok, see ya there BillW....
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 09:07 pm
interesting

good for them...woohoo..go for it..hope it all works out well for them

yeah
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 09:10 pm
I'm definitely into peace movements especially if there's a little Bolero in the background.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 09:25 pm
Naked Women
Ok ~ I'm not gonna be the letter A though!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 10:32 am
I usually get naked for a different cause: to promote sexual awareness and activity.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 11:12 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
It's ok with me, but we don't want to break up the symmetry. if the women doff their clothes, I think that the guys should go au naturel. Fair is fair!

If us guys go au natural, can I keep my walkingstick, I do feel extra naked without.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 03:39 pm
Why no naked men in the rain dance? Drunk
0 Replies