I need help to find a book about Greek Myth

gnamira

Reply Mon 23 May, 2016 05:41 am
Some time ago I read a book about Greek Myth. It was in child's book section. Of course there were lots of illustrations, and the writing was so witty and interactive. One line I remember most, was "Mommy god and daddy god bla bla".
I didn't buy it at that time but when I came back the book is already gone and no one in the store knew what book I was talking about.
I think the book cover was blueish, dark blue or something.
I really need to find the book. I tried to go to every bookstore in my city (Jakarta, Indonesia) but no result. Please help if you know the book I'm looking for.
Bunch of thanks!

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 May, 2016 06:00 am
I have no idea what the book you refer to is. However, you might find Tanglewood Tales interesting. It was written by the American author Nathaniel Hawthorne in the 1850s, and was intended for children. There was an edition illustrated by Maxfield Parrish which we had when i was a boy which was really beautiful.

This is Cadmus sewing the dragon's teeth:"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9c/Cadmus_teeth.jpg
gnamira

Reply Mon 23 May, 2016 06:22 am
@Setanta,
Hey Setanta!
How's the writings of the book? Can you write me one or two sentences of the book?
Anyway, thanks a bunch for your answer!
0 Replies

gnamira

Reply Mon 23 May, 2016 06:30 am
@gnamira,
Something I just remember, the book starts the story from the very beginning. It starts the story from Gaia, her relationship with Uranus, then the birth of their children. Let me know if you know the book. Thanks!!
0 Replies