MICKEY ROONEY - A TRIBUTE

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 10:05 pm
Most of us know who Mickey Rooney is and I suppose it depends on one's age how great or mediocre we think he is. I first became familiar with him when of a Saturday I walked to the kid's matinee to watch hours of films selected for the young. They ran HUCKLEBERRY FINN and YOUNG TOM EDISON three or four times that I watched. I was taken with what a natural he was. He was good with Judy Garland, but I preferred him in other stuff, like BOY'S TOWN and there was one where he was a roller derby star with a chip on his shoulder. I missed all of the Mickey McGuire films, but I hope one day to view a few. Here is a page on him: MICKEY ROONEY
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,236 • Replies: 8
No top replies

dable

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 11:49 am
Don't know much about him. I recall seeing footage of him and Judy Garland as they were both young promising actors, turned out to be quite a successful actor.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 01:21 pm
edgar, did Mickey Rooney die?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 03:10 pm
I watched Boy's Town and National Velvet and quite a few of his films. I liked him very much as a child but would need to rewatch his films to have an "adult opinion".
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 08:04 pm
Mickey's still with us. I just don't want him forgotten among all the rugged John Waynes and wonderful Henry Fondas.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 08:51 pm
Well, that's a relief! Very Happy You had me worried!!

I thought maybe those 8 wives had finally done him in...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 08:53 pm
He has been married to the current wife for over 20 years, believe it or not.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 08:55 pm
Yes he finally seems to have settled down, doesn't he?

I saw him in a touring production of Sugar Babies 20 years ago or so. It was a vaudeville-type show, and he was just magnificent. He had a blast with all the showgirls!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 09:21 pm
whew....I was thinking he wasnt with us any longer as well.

Ive always enjoyed his skills, and hope there will be more.
0 Replies