Church more important than health.

Wilso

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 05:15 am
The Catholic church has refused to acknowledge the communion of an eight-year-old girl because of a wheat allergy that prevented her from eating a wafer containing wheat. Apparently it's more important for the child to risk death, than to bend the rules slightly. Every time I think the Catholic hierarchy can't become a more worthless pack of scum sucking slime, they prove me wrong again.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 965 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 05:23 am
I wouldn't use the same appellations, but in theory, I agree with Wilso. It is really ludicrous that the same church that will give anullments to decades old marriages, to get around church law on divorces, would put a believer at risk for her life, because she doesn't follow a procedure to a "T"!

And this is a church that is so adamant about "life"! Mad
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 05:37 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I wouldn't use the same appellations

Laughing
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 10:05 am
From what I read, she went to a different parish and they were willing to give her communion with a special wafer she could take, but afterwards her own church wouldn't accept it. So her mother had to tell her it didn't count.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 11:21 am
the whole concept of communion always freaked me out. i grew up catholic and honestly... does it really make sense?
0 Replies

Lekatt

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 07:58 am
dauer wrote:
From what I read, she went to a different parish and they were willing to give her communion with a special wafer she could take, but afterwards her own church wouldn't accept it. So her mother had to tell her it didn't count.

I don't think God is going to reject this person over a wafer, whether she took it or not. The rigid structure of churches will be their undoing. It is not logical to expect such diversity as seen in mankind to conform to made up church rituals. I suggest she and her family leave the church and find one more suitable to their needs.

Love
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 08:12 am
There was a time, not so long ago, that the question of transbustanation (the communion wafer is transformed into the ACTUAL flesh of Christ)tore families apart. To hold the views posted here would have been heresy, and people holding such views put "to the Questions". Submit to the teachings of the Church? No, then die so that your soul might be purified and spend a "time out" in Purgatory instead of an eternity in Hell." Of course, those who disputed the Church weren't all that easy to kill, since they got together and formed their own brands of Christianity. Being good Christians, they often tried to purify the faith by killing Catholics. Oh, they was jolly times there for a few hundred years.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 02:11 pm
What was the reaction of the Vatican, and if there was no reaction, what was the reaction of the leadership of the US Catholic Church (I presume this happened in the US)?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 02:28 pm
Asherman wrote:
Oh, they was jolly times there for a few hundred years.
Laughing LMAO
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 02:29 pm
Nice hat you have there OCCOM BILL
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 02:53 pm
Magnificent, isn't it. Thank you.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 02:55 pm