How can a good God allow suffering

kk4mds

Sat 2 Sep, 2017 06:53 pm
A man asked G-d, "Why do you allow such suffering in the world?"
The Lord answered, "Why do you?"
Leadfoot

Sun 3 Sep, 2017 08:50 am
@kk4mds,
Oh please KK, don't embarrass us with such easily answered cliches.

Atheists have been pointing out suffering that we have no control over for ages.
edgarblythe

Fri 8 Sep, 2017 07:55 pm
@Leadfoot,
That's because a god could assuage needless suffering. A baby gets blown to smithereens and a bunch of assholes blow it off. No big deal. "God makes me comfortable," they point out, "sitting in my secure home, contemplating and meditating. If I get a toe ache, it's because he wants to teach me a lesson. God has no part in his creation getting plastered all over the landscape." Here's a hint why that is: God is imaginary. He's not only a total bastard, he is not even real.
cicerone imposter

Sat 9 Sep, 2017 06:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
Man's imagination and gods are powerful things. They collect huge amounts of money, and build huge churches in countries with very little luxuries and food. The contradictions are overwhelming, but many are participants in this human tragedy.
edgarblythe

Sat 9 Sep, 2017 07:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Joel Osteen resisted opening his church to flood victims. He gave in, but he tried to collect money from victims during service.
cicerone imposter

Sat 9 Sep, 2017 09:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
Makes one wonder why Trump and Osteen continues to have followers.
anthony1312002

Sat 23 Sep, 2017 06:14 pm
@SawyerMentink,
To answer this we need to consider an issue that involves all intelligent beings. The issue is whether or not God has the right to rule. As stated in Genesis 3:4 the charge was made by the Devil that humans would be better off making its on standards of right and wrong rather than rely upon God to do so.

Although the Creator was fully aware that what the Devil charged was untrue he also knew that the only way the rest of creation could understand this was to allow him time to try and prove his claim. He has also allowed mankind to self govern so that he also can see that what the Devil stated was a lie. This of course would take sufficient time.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 23 Sep, 2017 06:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Makes one wonder why Trump and Osteen continues to have followers.

God don't have time for suffering cases. He's too busy guiding the reproduction of every living thing. So I am reading on the Don't Tell Me there is no Proof of Evolution thread. 'Course, if he can't solve suffering I don't see how he can figure out evolution.
Leadfoot

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 07:41 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
God don't have time for suffering cases. He's too busy guiding the reproduction of every living thing.
Naw, that's what the Angels are for.
edgarblythe

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 07:54 am
@Leadfoot,
Got any evidence of these angels?
Leadfoot

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 10:14 am
@edgarblythe,
Just what you said, God doesn't have time for the details, he must have made AI assistants to handle them.

Hey, I'm just looking for an interpretation that fits the insane/marvelous world I see around me. Call it the sum total of my inductive & deductive reasoning. Not that I expect that will get me so much as a cup of coffee here.
edgarblythe

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 10:37 am
@Leadfoot,
It will give you a patronizing smile and pat on the back.
Leadfoot

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 11:27 am
@edgarblythe,
Well, that's much less than a cup of joe I'd say
cicerone imposter

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 11:35 am
@edgarblythe,
Pat on the head with a smile.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 24 Sep, 2017 12:17 pm
@Leadfoot,
AW, come on down to Tomball and I will buy you a Lone Star beer.
0 Replies

Love2Love

Sun 27 May, 2018 10:31 pm
I guess the solution is:

God and mankind are not separate. BUT from the perspective of mankind, there is separation.

In reality, all that exists is God. We are like a frozen thought in his mind. Our souls are the only real thing about this universe, our souls being diffracted wavelengths of light from the one true light: God.

Think of the movie Alien, where the alien kills all those people. How could you be so cruel as to think that, all that suffering? Answer: it's not cruel it's just a frozen thought that you are replaying, forwards backwards pausing whatever, in your mind.

Such is our universe in the mind of God.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 27 May, 2018 11:13 pm
Have you considered seeking professional counseling?
Love2Love

Sun 27 May, 2018 11:32 pm
@Setanta,
Hello, Setanta, was that remark addressed to me?

If so, it is an ad hominenm, please avoid. I can answer any pertinent questions about my post.
edgarblythe

Mon 28 May, 2018 07:24 am
Imagine god as a broken zipper, allowing your goodies to spill out. No plan involved, except, in the end, the goodies stuffed back in and the zipper closed with a cosmic safety pin.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Mon 28 May, 2018 08:14 am
He's more like a long narrow bridge ,
Can be a real pain in the ass sometimes
but worth the trip