Handling Computer Passwords

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 05:04 pm
I have a loose leaf book, where I keep a lot of my computer stuff...................basically receipts and information from various programs that I have downloaded. There are a number of sections that include a number of letters........A-C, D-F etc.

There is a blank page in front of each section. That is where I list my passwords. I also put a lot of other stuff on the page, so that each section page is pretty crowded. I do not write down my passwords, but give myself a "clue", so that if the book is stolen, no one else can figure it out.
The problem is that sometimes, for sites that I use infrequently, I forget to what the "clue" refers. Embarrassed

I do not want to write the passwords down, so that they can be read easily, and I certainly don't want to put them all in one book.

Do you have a better system that I might use? Would you please share it with me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 527 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 08:00 pm
Re: Handling Computer Passwords
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Do you have a better system that I might use? Would you please share it with me?

I use a complex mnemonic device personalized to my own password sets, but for ones I don't care to bother remembering I use Norton Password Manager and it saves (encrypted and itself password protected) and fills out the forms.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 08:15 pm
Craven- Thanks. I will have to check that Norton out!
0 Replies