4
   

BBC Documentary - Blaming The Jews (Muslim Antisemitism)

 
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  0  
Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 05:11 pm
@wmwcjr,
BTW - How do you define "conservative?" Since you know you will "never become one," you must have a clear picture in mind when you consider the term.
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 06:22 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

This an excellent video.

I will be interested if anyone chooses to contest it's basic and specific messages.


How is this an excellent video? I will be happy to contest its message.

This is the typical anti-Semitic message about a Jewish conspiracy... except Jews have been replaced with Muslims. You can read Goebels propaganda saying that Jews have ambitions to take over the world and it doesn't sound any different.

The guy promised sources for his statistics. I looked for them on the you tube pages and didn't see them.

How is this anything but racist propaganda?


maxdancona
 
  2  
Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 06:33 pm
I am happy to take a nuanced view. Yes, there is cultural turmoil in the Middle East that is leading to a higher amount of terrorism being done in the name of Islam. This is a problem that we should be thinking about and taking reasonable steps to combat violence and to change hearts and mind.

But the view being taken by the videos being posted... especially by wwmcr are ridiculous.

Really? Does anyone with an IQ higher than their waist measurement think that there is any chance of Sharia law in the US? This is ridiculous.

There are 94 million evangelical Christians in the US. These are the people trying to stop gay marriage, have prayer in school and keep transgendered women from peeing in the women's room.

They are failing. What makes you think that you have any more to fear from Muslims. Yes, Christians aren't using terrorism much any more... for much of the past century they were and we still have civil rights, woman's suffrage and now gay marriage.

We need to keep being a free Democracy that resists (even when it is difficult) any calls to divide people by ethnic groups.
0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 07:15 pm
@maxdancona,
First of all it has nothing to do with race. So even if the makes of the "Eurabia" video is wrong he's not a racist. His problem is with Islam, the people who practice it, and the cowards in the West who refuse to admit they are at war, let alone defend themselves. I saw nothing to suggest he was bigoted towards any race or ethnic group that practices Islam as, as he notes, it is practiced by a wide variety of ethnic groups and all of the three "races."

Because racism has become for progressives the greatest sin humans have ever committed, just about everything they dislike or disagree with has to, in some way, be associated with racism. Trump makes a disparaging comment about illegal Mexican immigrants and he's a RACIST. Someone produces a video pointing out the dark side of the practice of Islam and it's RACIST propaganda.

Which contentions in the "Eurabia" video do you object to? Specifically.

That rape and sexual assault by immigrants in nations like Sweden and Germany has become a problem? That the measure some of these European towns and cities have taken to address the problem aren't true?
That Islamic imams aren't preaching the things we see them preaching on the video? That European culture is bending over backwards to accommodate loud, angry and ungrateful Muslim immigrants? That Europeans of all faiths, including Islam, are scared shitless to criticize Islam or its followers, that they are censoring themselves in ways that they would never do if the faith in question was anything but Islam?

Just what is he saying that is a load of unsubstantiated propaganda?
maxdancona
 
  2  
Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 07:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
There are two separate, but perhaps related issue here. To discuss the first, let's talk a little bit about history.

In the early 1900s, a book entitled "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" was published. This book outlines a plan for Jews to control the world. It involves violence, and treachery on the part of the Jews. And it involves the Jews having no sense of morality accept to their own goal of world domination.

The charges being leveled against Muslims are surprising similar to the charges against Jews that lead to genocide in Europe.

Now I will admit that you are correct that I am a little loose on my use of the word "racist" since technically neither Muslim nor Jewish is constitute a race. I don't think this matters to the important issue of hatred toward ethnic minorities.

Yes, there is religious radicalism coming out of the Muslim world right now with some Muslim voices calling for terrorism and violence.

This does not justify ethnic hatred toward Muslims as a group.
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 07:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
There is a big spectrum of Ethnic hatred... from barbaric to mild prejudice.

The theme is the same;

White Europeans are seen as generally good, deserving of privilege and the keepers of civilization. Non-white Europeans are portrayed as either dependent, or menacing. (The definition of what it means to be White has shifted over the last century).

When Trump talks about Mexicans being rapists... it is foolish to believe that this has nothing to do with them being non-White. It has everything to do with it. And it is foolish to believe that it has to do with breaking the law. When white people break the law, we generally accept it (if no on gets hurt).

Yes, "racism" is now a bad word. But what Trump and other are trying to do is a trick... the narrative is the same as it has always been. Some non-White menace is threatening the way of life of good White people. They no longer want to call it "racism", but the message is the same.

I agree with you that "racism" might not be an exact term for this type of ethnic hatred.... do you have a better one?
maxdancona
 
  2  
Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 08:02 pm
@maxdancona,
And just to clarify, it is not White Europeans who have this ethnic hatred. I single them out because in the west, and until recently in the US, White Europeans have had a monopoly on wealth and power.

I believe tribalism, this Us vs Them, instinct that causes us to glorify the people in power and makes it so easy to hate groups whoa are out of favor, is part of human nature. Every society is susceptible to this type of evil. History proves that this is true.

Any group that is in power can have this drive to suppress other ethnic groups.

But here in the US, it is now popular to portray Muslims and Mexicans as threats to the good White American public.

That is the audience Trump is playing to. (Fortunately the former White majority in the US has been diluted to the point that I don't think he will be able to pull it off this time.)
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 09:35 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
This does not justify ethnic hatred toward Muslims as a group.

It is a fact that there is a significant group of Muslims who want to conquer the world, commit genocide against all non-Muslims, and create a global Islamic empire where it is a crime for a woman to learn how to read.

It is a fact that this group of Muslims is attacking us and has killed thousands of innocent people.

It is a fact that, even among Muslims who oppose this group, a large number of Muslims feel that people should be killed if they switch from Islam to another religion, feel that women should be stoned to death for adultery if they have been raped, and will act according to these views.

Pointing out these facts is not a matter of hatred.

I realize that you really really really don't like facts. You made that clear enough with your hysterical reaction over the last couple days when I pointed out facts about Sanders. It isn't surprising really. Many Liberals hate facts.

But telling the truth is not hate. No matter how much you dislike the truth, telling the truth is not hate. It just simply isn't.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 09:39 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
When Trump talks about Mexicans being rapists...

Mr. Trump did not say Mexicans are rapists. He said that some of the illegal immigrants are.


maxdancona wrote:
I agree with you that "racism" might not be an exact term for this type of ethnic hatred.... do you have a better one?

Let's call it "left-wing demagogy".
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 09:43 pm
@oralloy,
Gun owners are rapists Oralloy, well some of them are good people.

(Do you see what I did there?)
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 09:47 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Gun owners are rapists Oralloy, well some of them are good people.

Some of them are indeed rapists.


maxdancona wrote:
Do you see what I did there?

You mean where you made it sound like Mr. Trump was talking about all when he clearly meant some?
0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 10:46 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I was raised Protestant, but we have family who were raised Jewish and some good friends of my family were observant. I have been to my share of bar mitzvahs. I don't believe my family knew anyone who was Muslim. Now I know many people who are Jewish (and a couple people who are Muslim). But, I live in a very diverse community.

I don't think that it is right for you to think that Muslims are expendable.





I said many people think that Jews are expendable. That allowed the Holocaust to be a fait accompli. I never said anything about expendability and Muslims.
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 11:07 am
@Foofie,
Foofie, the question is whether you think Jews and Muslims are equal as human beings.

Jews were more than "expendable". They were defamed as being brutal and uncivilized, and they were depicted as scheming to dominate the world. I suspect you and I agree that this happened and that it led into the Holocaust.

Now the same thing is being said... on this very thread... about Muslims. Do you agree that it is a bad thing for human beings to be demonized this way?

If human beings are equal, then we shouldn't accept this hatred directed toward any ethnic group.
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 11:11 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:



I believe tribalism, this Us vs Them, instinct that causes us to glorify the people in power and makes it so easy to hate groups who are out of favor, is part of human nature.



Atrocities do not have to be driven by hate. It can be driven by feelings of superiority, like those who effected the Holocaust. The masses may hate, but they are not the true believers, since their beliefs change with the current brain washing. Where did you go to college; what did you major in??

0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 11:14 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Foofie, the question is whether you think Jews and Muslims are equal as human beings.




That was never my question. Nor is my opinion of any import. Please stop being the seminar leader. I do think you and I are not equal, since I spent four years in the U.S. military, and you did not. Whether that makes you superior, or inferior, I cannot say. A good debater can take either side of an issue.
Miller
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 06:01 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I grew up in a mix of irish and jewish culture.


Didn't you say you were a Mexican?
0 Replies
 
Miller
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 06:20 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
If human beings are equal ...


As little children most of us in the USA are taught, either at home, at school or during religion study, that "in the eyes of God", all humans are created equal.

In the "eyes of reality" however ,members of the human race , as evidenced from their behavior, do not believe that human beings are equal.
Foofie
 
  0  
Reply Wed 4 May, 2016 10:25 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

Quote:
If human beings are equal ...


As little children most of us in the USA are taught, either at home, at school or during religion study, that "in the eyes of God", all humans are created equal.

In the "eyes of reality" however ,members of the human race , as evidenced from their behavior, do not believe that human beings are equal.



Let's all Pledge Allegiance to the flag... I only find Americans having the potential to be superior.
0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 06:27 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Please stop being the seminar leader.


Great line. Smile
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/19/2019 at 09:11:09