29

Windows Professional is 10 better than 7?

simonelectricindia

-3  
Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 03:29 am
@neologist,
I generally liked W10 in my new laptop so I thought I'd go ahead and take the free upgrade from W7 in my desktop. I later found that vital parts of a program that I use for developing digital hardware (Microchip development system) does not work on 10!

Serious problem since my business depends on it. I had to dig up an old PC with XP to do my work on. Damn you Microsoft, Grrr....

2  
Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 03:54 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

1  
Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 03:55 am
@simonelectricindia,
Another fine job of copy and paste.

proexceltech

0  
Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2017 11:51 pm
There is not much more difference between windows 7 and 10 but now we get more familiar with Windows 7, that's why not that much comfortable with windows 10 but both are good.

jessicagross08

0  
Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2017 04:17 am
@neologist,
windows 7 is far better than 10.
in windows 7, there are flaws which repel the users

sanora

2  
Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2018 06:31 pm
I prefer windows 7 pro over windows 10 pro, but they both suck compared to linux. If i didn't need a specialised type of trading software, I'd have never reloaded windows onto my machines. Can you even envision what it's like never having to download all this anti malware crap? All your software is always clean when you download it. It is like utopia compared to windows.

robertosburn

1  
Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2018 10:40 pm
@neologist,
I think windows 7 is better. Windows 7 has 5 to 6 built in themes with different sound effects, colors, Wallpapers and designs. The design of both windows 7 and 10 are totally different.
Windows 7 comes with fast booting process as compared to windows 10.
Windows 10 uses more RAM as compared to windows 7.
As compared to windows 7 you will not find Windows photo viewer in windows 10 instead you will find new photo app.

windshield

0  
Reply Thu 3 May, 2018 05:01 am
@neologist,
Windows 8 was a radically different operating system to Windows 7 but with Windows 10 Microsoft brought back the legacy look and feel of Windows 7, but improved performance and added new features. Here's our comparison of Windows 7 vs Windows 10 to help you decide whether to upgrade

2  
Reply Thu 3 May, 2018 05:44 am
@windshield,
Forgot that spammy uncalled-for link there, eh?