Facebook changed my home language

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 07:18 pm
For some reason, Facebook changed my language to what looks like either Dutch or Afrikaans. Unfortunately, all menu items (and lead-ins to posts) are in this language, so I can't figure out how to contact them. Even when I go directly to www.facebook.com/help/community, everything shows up in Dutch or Afrikaans. Luckily, the actual posts from everyone else still show in English (or whatever they were posted in). Any suggestions?

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2016 10:42 pm
@cpspencer,
facebook hasn't changed anything - it was yourself who changed to another language. Not to worry though, this happened to many others as well - me included. If you look at your facebook page at the bottom it shows you the languages, just click on the plus sign and all languages will pop up. From there you can choose English again.
cpspencer

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 09:53 am
@CalamityJane,
Thanks so much! I found it on the right-hand side, and sure enough, Dutch was greyed out. I clicked on English and it worked.
Thanks again - I appreciate it.
0 Replies

cpspencer

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 09:55 am
@CalamityJane,
And, I just tried logging in to a Facebook Forum again -- that also is back to English (thank goodness).
And thank YOU again.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 04:52 pm
@cpspencer,
My pleasure! Smile
0 Replies