dance as if nobody's watching........

jmf1947

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 08:04 am
i'm not sure if this is the correct place for this question but ...
i don't think this can really be classified as a quote ,proberly more a saying , its starts...
dance as if nobody's watching
work as if......?
love as if ...........???
there might be more lines i'm not sure it just some thing i've heard and remember thinking thats pretty right ......yeah great i cant remember
can anyone please finish it off for me, thanking you in advance Cool
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,956 • Replies: 7
No top replies

squinney

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 08:07 am
" Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching."
--- Satchel Paige

Interesting... http://www.neholistic.com/articles/0082.htm
0 Replies

jmf1947

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 08:28 am
hey squinnie your a marvel i was expecting the answer to take ages thank you very much this was my first thread
0 Replies

jmf1947

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 08:43 am
thank you for that link .......i never thought of that saying as so deep and meaningful, again thanks for the read,
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 09:01 am
Nice first thread, jmf. We have lots of contributors to this forum that enjoy the deeper thoughts, so it was quite appropriate.

I like to think that I live this way. It seems a lot easier to do having turned 40. It reminds me of the "I will wear purple... Red Hat" poem which has spawned its own followers.

In case you are not familiar with it, I'll see if I can find it...
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 09:10 am
Here's a link to the poem. http://www.anniebel.net/mybirthday2003.htm

Here's a link to The Red hat Society that was spawned from the poem. http://www.redhatsociety.com/

Neither of us is 50 yet, but nothing wrong with starting early - especially when it means a more joyous life!
0 Replies

jmf1947

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:18 pm
squinney again thank you, i just checked out the links you left for me .and no i had never heard of "the red hat society" or the poem . i loved the poem. and as for the society ,well what a great idea, its a shame more people in the world didn't live by the same set of ideals it would make for a far nicer place.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:57 pm
Welcome to a2k, jmf, I liked seeing the quote (and hi, Squinney, ummm, I have a red bowler about five feet from my computer..)
0 Replies