Teacher Wins 3,100-Mile Race

drom et reve

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 07:17 am
I know!! I hate Atomic Kitten, full stop... it's like 2001, all over again!! Evil! I'll have to... acquire... that song, Fortune; I could do with relaxing thus...

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 07:28 am
Laughing well drom i suggest you do like i do and dowload some mp3's of your favourite songs and when an evil brainwash song gets ya just play yourself a good song until it goes away.........
theres a great mp3 d/lder at winmx.com...honestly you can have any song you can imagine or dream of within minutes
i have every song i have ever loved/liked right here on my pc so i can re-live all those wonderful emotions instantly Very Happy
in fact im going to listen to some right now as ive reminded myself Wink
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 07:31 am
I have Taxiride crooning in my ears, "...there's something in the air... can't believe she's coming closer..." Very romantic, makes me think of moonlit love scenes.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 07:32 am
OK.... I'll listen to some Beck, over and over Very Happy. I have about 200 of his songs... (he's only been writing for 10 years, and he's written about 500 already, most of which one can't get, and plenty more that have never been released.).. what a poet. He's wonderful with combining styles...

I never heard of WINMx, though, so I'll use that right away. I used to use Gnutella clients, but everything that one downloads puts lots and lots of spyware on one's computer...

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 07:43 am
never heard of taxride fort must be an aussie band beck i have heard of and one of my friends is crazy about him...
i was into the albums mellow gold and odelay!
but i like so much music i listen to them rarely
winmx is top d and it doesnt mess with ya at all and its totally encrypted Wink
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 07:47 am
Yup, Taxiride is an Australian band who've had some success in the States. I don't really like their debut song ("Get set") although it has some interesting harmonies, but "Never mind" is just too.. what's the word... seductive?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 07:54 am
Oh, I love Mellow Gold; it's my second favourite Beck album... one of my favourite ever Beck songs, 'Whiskeyclone, Hotel City 1997,' is on that album... the 'she can talk to squirrels' song.

Odelay was cool too, and nearly wall-to-wall with good songs, but I preferred his mellow side... the one that you see on 'Sea change.' (He must like The Tempest, too.)

Incidentally, how many songs approximately do you guys think that you have?

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 07:56 am
ok fort nice to hear im always into listening to goo music ill look them up on winmx

umm i have over 12,000 mp3s...maybe 15,000
i havent counted and and one of my mp3 h/disks is offline....
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 07:57 am
ive got 120 gigabytes of mp3 Smile
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 07:57 am
I don't really know how many songs I have (as everything I want to kep I back up on CD, not trusting my ghostly computer). I know I have a zillion CDs cluttering up my floorspace...
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 07:59 am
120 GB!? How much diskspace do you have?!

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:00 am
You have them on the floor, Fortune?

I always like them arranged, in order of purchase, on rails going around the room.... but I've always been one who hates clutter. I can't concentrate with it...

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:02 am
i just buy back-up hard disks there not too expensive...
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:03 am
Oh they all have their alloted space in my CD racks, ranged in order of preference. The problem is that I switch them around so frequently that I end up leaving them in piles on the floor until I have time to put them all back in their appropriate spot.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:07 am
Cool, Fortune; I do something similar to the preference thing with books, but, with music, somehow chronological is easier.

(How many of those back-up HDs have you, Col?)

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:06 am
i have a 120gb hard disk which i bought for a back up for my mp3s i also have a 75 g hard disk a 45 gig hard disk and two 40 gig hard disks and a few other smaller ones...problem is i can only fit 3 in my pc a time
so its a bit of a pain sometimes
and im currently using win98 cos of a recent system crash and the hassle of me and xp (< i mean here winME not me personally Wink )
and win98 doesnt support hard diskd bigger then 32 gig so most of em dont work right or i cant access all the data on em consequently im currently using an 8 gig a 4 gig and a 3 gig in my maching which ive copied the most inportant data i use onto...
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 12:38 pm
Damn! Would you consider going back to the evil world of ME or XP?

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 12:46 pm
well i dont know what to do anymore

if i dont go for xp then my mp3 collection languishes in nothingness

whereas if i stick with 98 i have peace of mind

me was totally messed up so i wouldnt return to that

im currently living with just a few mp3s but i miss my mighty collection so it going to have to be xp eventually maybe ill sort it out after i come back from greece...
believe me in this life your damned if you do and damned if you dont so i may as well do,......
Very Happy
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 12:49 pm
You're right... so, are all the MP3s on the other disks, rather than the permanent hard-drive? I hope so. Maybe you should try using Linux instead, or something else?

0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 12:52 pm
I had a housemat who insisted on using ME, even though his computer crashed just about every day...

...Silly boy.
0 Replies