Teacher Wins 3,100-Mile Race

drom et reve

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:39 pm
Col Man wrote:
hey i want to be a spaceman too !

The only thing that would stop me from wanting to go to space are... the whole urinating business...

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:51 pm
yeah i remember that one

and

im sorry to hear that drom Wink
Very Happy
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:51 pm
its ok mate they have special toilets where you stuck this thing on your bits and it sucks it out of you....
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:59 pm
Well, outside Argentina, at least.

I write psuedonymically, so few people know that the person writing here is the person writing my work...

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 05:00 pm
I actually thought that that was a pretty cool song.

But I have that damn Bowling for Soup song going through my head, due to a bad Polish rendition by passing teenagers to-day.

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 05:01 pm
Col Man wrote:
its ok mate they have special toilets where you stuck this thing on your bits and it sucks it out of you....

Ew! that sounds disgusting!

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 05:02 pm
Smile
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 05:03 pm
bowling for soup???
dont know that one
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 05:04 pm
Knowing some people, especially some men, something like that could be quite popular if sold on Earth Neutral!

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 05:04 pm
disgusting? no its not so bad
its better than the standing up tryin to hit the bowl that we have to do here on earth
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 05:05 pm
Col Man wrote:
bowling for soup???
dont know that one

Something about 1985... gah! I need to think of another song to displace that, but I always end up thinking of a worse song, and so on, and so on.

The song's not bad, but being played in my head ad nauseum messes around with things quite a bit!

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 05:05 pm
haha i didnt mean it like that Razz trust you Razz
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 05:06 pm
hmm the repeating song **** happens to me too
ive had
billy ocean carribean queen running round my head recently
hmmmm
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 05:25 pm
I don't know that Bowling for Soup song either. BTW, we have a preferential voting system, so no mater what your vote still goes to one of the top two parties.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 05:28 pm
hmm i dont know what voting system we have here but its pretty screwed up tooo
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 05:31 pm
Hey, I'm not complaining. Preferantial is better than that 'first past the post' system they've got in the US. Here you can vote for the Greens or the Democrats if you want to but, since they're unlikely to win, your vote will generally go to which ever of the two major parties yu've placed higher on your preferences.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 05:33 pm
ok Smile
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 06:56 am
Yeah, your system makes a little more sense... Our one is completely stupid. What happens is this: Labour and Conservative areas have more votes than traditional Liberal ones... like, for example, Oxford East. That's bigger than Scunthorpe, which is a dreaded Labour area, but Oxford East has one vote, Scunthorpe 3 or 4.

Lib Dems always come second all around (because, in Labour areas, people had rather vote Libs than Tory, and in Con. areas, people had rather vote Libs than Labour.) Yet, because of the majority and NOT the number of votes counting, and because of the screwed up disproportional seats system, they never get better than 3rd. If 70% of the people about the place voted Lib Dem, because of the seats the best that they could do is become the Opposition.

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 06:58 am
Col Man wrote:
hmm the repeating song **** happens to me too
ive had
billy ocean carribean queen running round my head recently
hmmmm

Freaky.

Unfortunately, a Worse song is playing-- 'The Tide is high' by Atomic Kitten-- is playing, and it's truly screwing with my head. That Bowling for Soup song is about some girl obsessed with 1985...

0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 07:14 am
Oh no! I hate that silly Atomic Kitten song. The only song I have going aroud in my head is Taxiride's "Never mind", which is coming through the large headphones I have stuck to my head. It puts me in a really dreamy mood.
0 Replies