"Disappointed" rescuers save man and son -- twice

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 07:44 am
Off and on, Col dear.

I know that when my insomnia is at its worst and I stay up for a couple of days I get to the point where waking feels roughly the same as dreaming. Then when I finally do lie down and start to drift off it's like... dissolving really. Just melting into the bed. The most satisfying feeling, I assure you.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 07:52 am
well d maybe if it was for a spiritual purpose i an ready to do anything to make this world a better place even die...hmm that may sound a bit fanatical but i mean it thru love not hurting people
hoever i can acheive the same state nowadays after a good meditation
hmm it only damages it if you do it too often you be amazed what people can do
look at david blaine doing the jesus thing and fasting for 44 days and some guy in india did it too and there are spiritual yogi dudes who are buried alive for weeks too
hmm once again i say mind over matter if you use the mind/cosmic energy and allways remember to fill your self and swirl it about you then it rejuvenates you but peeps who dont know can do themselves awful harm with these sorts of thing
thats the same how some like martial arts dude can smash load of bricks without being hurt whereas other smash their bodies...
cosmic energy and chi is very real
ive seen tai chi and advanced martial arts masters knock people about without even getting near them it just requires that you believe and then that you sense it and your grow it and train for a number of years...
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 07:57 am
I don't think that David Blaine is spiritual; more dangerous and trying to get attention, perhaps.

I get the weirdest feeling, sometimes. If I've just got to sleep in the train, and I'm told that I have to get off, it feels as if I'm flying a little when I walk... it freaks me out.

O, do you get that feeling that you've fallen down-- it feels as if you've fallen from one part of the bed to the real bed-- when you fall in a dream? Or is that just me?

0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 07:59 am
I have that feeling of falling sometimes, but for me it's more like I start to fall through a colour filled space and then I jerk myself up in alarm.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:00 am
no mate i have it too one night i projected to this place called bridlington its on the east coast of england and my parent always took me there as a kid we had a holiday house there
anyway i havent been back for years so i went in a dream and i was going round everywhere seeing the old sight but then i decided to walk along the sea wall they have there and i was so busy admiring the view out to sea i fell off! and as i hit the sand wow i woke up literally bouncing out of bed it was totally amazing and the feeling after was like thousands of volts of electricity running thru me
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:01 am
I started to get that feeling once when I fell asleep in a chair. I thought the chair was falling over and jerked upright to keep myself from overbalancing... and made myself and the perfectly straight chair fall over.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:02 am
Ah, I get that sometimes, Fortune... but it's more usually as if I actually haf fallen, physically Neutral!

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:02 am
Madness! Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one, Col!

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:05 am
I hope that it wasn't a big chair, Fortune! I once was whacked over the head with a bell jar once, it fell down on top of me because my half-brother maliciously put it over the door, and so I fell back, and whacked the back of my head too. I was knocked out for ages... when I was knocked out, I dreamt that I was falling off the chair, but when I woke up, I was completely paralysed... because I hadn't woken up. When I arose out of the fright of thinking that I was paralyzed, I was fine.

0 Replies

Col Man

the best is when you fly in dreams
oh no i have to go out to pay some bills
its horror how chatting sucks me in and then suddenly all the banks are shut
ok u2 ill be back in 30 mins hope 2cu then
ciao for now Very Happy
0 Replies

drom et reve

OK, Col! I have to go in a few minutes, too, and I'll be back in forty...

See you later!

0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:08 am
I remember a long car trip I took as a child. I was sitting snug in the back seat and looking out the front window at the sky.

Then I wasn't looking at the sky. I was looking at colours. Innumerable raining colours. I felt calmer than I'd ever done before, so perfectly relaxed. I wasn't dreaming, I knew that because I was still aware, as aware as I would be at any other moment of the day. Then I started to wonder where the rest of the world was and sunddenly it was back.

I didn't open my eyes, I didn't wake up. It was just back.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:09 am
Aah, I'll go make myself some tea then.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:10 am
Psychadelic, fortune; what do you think triggered that?

0 Replies

drom et reve

And I'll be back in about forty minutes! See you later Very Happy.

0 Replies

fortune

I don't really know, probably just the motion of the car.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:03 am
wow fortune well i believe you had a psychic experience
you were maybe seeing thru this reality into a deeper level of life than most people see
i have been researching this phenomena all my life and i have heard report of similer expriences especially when looking at the sky...
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:05 am
Could be a psychic experience, could be a lucid dream, who knows? It was pretty cool though.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:18 am
i bet Very Happy
well you could find out if you got into spiritual thing more and recreated that state you were in by meditating on that moment
the nature of the mind is like that and you can bring it back if you want to
then again i think your mind is a pretty cool one if you have dreams like the one you iterated last night.... oh sorry... this morning Wink
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:22 am
Why thank you, Col! (Actually it's now yesterday morning...)
0 Replies