Idea for good manual/non graduate job?

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 12:02 pm
I understand many users here are rather mature people with plentiful life experience. Maybe you can be of help to younger guy?

I have been offered to gain a new qualification covered by state. I have been mostly in business stuff, but than I also worked manually and I quite like it... It is good to give brain a little rest from time to time...

I am seriously considering some non-graduate job (for limited time), to get new experience and maybe earn some money - it's not that easy to find a good office job and skilled workers are in high demand nowadays.

I was considering truck driver Smile My friend works like that and is sound cool. Problem is, companies always look for people with experience. Do you have an idea what might be good job to try - both interesting and well paid? It should have good potential for west EU/maybe USA. I most prefer UK, so idea of any demanded and cool job there would be very appreciated!

Thank you for advice, inspiration.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,137 • Replies: 6

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 04:29 pm
@Count of Banterbury,
I love road trips. I do them for fun. Getting paid to do them could be a bonus. All depends on whether you enjoy your own company or not.
Count of Banterbury

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 07:09 am
@Leadfoot,
yes, I love it Smile

I received advice that truck drivers are in high demand. I'm gonna try to talk to some companies...
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 11:58 am
@Count of Banterbury,
Every occupation is a terrific journey - Don't choose one - Let one choose you.
Count of Banterbury

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 02:11 pm
@mark noble,
Thanks. Well I wish I had this attitude too. As a matter of fact, I found myself quite unhappy in some sectors (as I have better understanding of the market dynamics - which not so many people have) and lack of possibilities combined with projected market development lead me discouragement. Typically, hospitality sector is one of them. ( I know, from perspective of investor it is great sector, particularly those wealthy ones but from perspective of common person...)

anyway, I have heard they need truck drivers Very Happy and maybe (!) their market position will get better as this kind of people is getting more and more scarce. Friend recommended me good companies who take newbies.
mark noble

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2016 06:54 am
@Count of Banterbury,
Whatever you decide to do - Just do it with a smile.
Count of Banterbury

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2016 02:22 pm
@mark noble,
I like doing nothing Smile

But thanks Smile

Yeah, I can see older generation has quite different attitude to career things than young people...
0 Replies