• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 401 • Replies: 1
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 11:25 pm
My job as a parent---to set the rules by which my kids are raised

my kids job------------to test the enforcability of the rules

we all understand each others jobs. The issue of not letting our kids experience this planet in the time that they have to be kids is, to me , a sad waste of childhood. I see kids whose lives are scheduled like that of an inmate at Smyrna. They never get a chance to hunt for snapping turtles on Silver LAke, or go skiffing in the swamps of the ST Jones. They never take time to imagine cloud faces or just talk like kids testing thheir imaginations.
I think the capability of each generation is, on the aggregate, an evolutionary directive. Each generation must work with what theyve been given and, by doing so, they dont have to reinvent things that definr our technologies.
What I see happening, disturbingly, is that we may be raising a generation that thinks anime or CGI is an example of creativity.It isnt
i let up a quiet cheer when my kids thought that a life organized around an egalitarian sports program , or some other after school program deemed vital by our education "professionals" , was kinda lame. " Im sure we, give off some parental pheromone that our kids pick up when we are pleased with them.

who was it that said
'as parents, all we can bestow on our kids are roots and wings", so RELAX and lets not try to smother our larvae, by the same token, they are immature versions of thhe phenotype so they do need an amount of regulation , just enough to keep em safe, but not enough to turn them all into MBAs
0 Replies