German soldiers allowed to have sex with each other

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 11:45 am
Well, until July this year, when the new bye-law became effective, e.g. married couples had to live in different apartments in the barracks.
Now, any partnership is allowed inside the barracks (it aready was so outsite "military objects").

Soz

Do you have reservations with relationships in civil organisations as well? (Since more than 30 years, soldiers here are "citizens in uniform", so they really should have the same rights as any other citizen.]
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 02:49 pm
Walter

Quote:
Well, until July this year, when the new bye-law became effective, e.g. married couples had to live in different apartments in the barracks

This talks about it would I assume unmarried couples, one night stands and I would assume casual sex. And coupling I would assume could be anywhere including in their barracks.

(
Quote:
Since more than 30 years, soldiers here are "citizens in uniform," so they really should have the same rights as any other citizen.]

I would question that premise. I am sure they while in service governed by rules and regulations far stricter that in civilian life.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 03:31 pm
You may question that premise, au. But since the late 60's of last century, that's the official slogan of the Bundeswehr - and I do doubt that rules and regulations are far stricter than in civilian life (from my personal experiences in the forces and my work with labour courts).
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 03:37 pm
I agree with what ebrown had to say, Walter -- same rules as in any other place of employment.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 03:52 pm
Soldiers are generally young and ardent and very pleased about being FREE and AWAY FROM HOME and MAGNIFICENTLY UNCONVENTIONAL.

You can't say "male bonding" about a coed army, but the bonding principle still applies. Our ingroup is more desirable/liberated/modern than you silly civilian groups are.
0 Replies