Europe is the bastion of human civilization.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 09:01 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I once thought Germany had the oldest university.
saab

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 03:00 am
@cicerone imposter,
He is right with the oldest university in Europe
but I think that is almost the only thing which is correct in all his statements.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 05:52 am
@saab,
Name them one by one please. I haven't even made direct remarks to Universities...Plato, Aristoteles, Socrates, didn't work in Universities...nor did for that matter Mozart while composing...painters usually work in studios, and most scientist did to, in private ones..

Now I wonder are you going to scorn Von Braun also ?
Will you stop listening Betwoven, Mozart, Bach, Vivaldi, Handel, Verdi, or Shubert ? Will you remove the copies of Rembrandt, Cezanne, Van Gogh, or Monet from murikan houses ? Will you ditch Newtonian Physics and Einstein General relativity ? I bet murika is an expert in designing new gun models and makes excelent Tom Cruise and Leonardo di Caprio movies...frack for so much ungratefulness, seriouly...enough with God complexe with so little on the way to justify it. Murika number one is motive of mockery EVERYWHERE in the information age...clowns.

As for the xenophobic Asians I don't recall any of their squary boats getting into Europe or Murika....they lived in Feudal age up to the XIX century.
saab

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 06:11 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
MURIKA Somewhat synonymous with the Spanish Inquisition and the SS
Olivier5

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 06:15 am
The blues came from Africa, though.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 06:24 am
@saab,
saab wrote:

MURIKA Somewhat synonymous with the Spanish Inquisition and the SS

Let me reply with a tid bit of my also Latino blood... Spanish Inquisition and SS are learning babies when compared with the guys in the Enola Gay bombing civilians with Nukes...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 06:38 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Let me get up close and personal now, you seem the kind of "Sheldon" like of "smart" azz guy...quick on the quote trigger, good memory, lots of information on your little computer, and yet you don't have a clue when it comes to reading the big picture, do ya ? Intuition, creativity, and bringing the puzzle together are not your strong right ?
I do the opposite, I rarely use Wiki or the web to say what I think, I couldn't care less with noise data, and pay only extreme attention to the foundations and pillars that make a turn to the left or right in the algorithm that gives me a picture of reality. Pillars not noise and information trash ! Have a good day !
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 06:41 am
This is the most imbecile thread yet be posted on a site that calls itself A2K..
...freaking fed up with so much, so blunt, so in your face, sheer, pure state, liquid, stupidity !
saab

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 06:52 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I agreed 100%
Trump is full of hate and despice to people who are not really in his eyes Americans. Under him USA would have a disaster
In Europe there are lots of people who think just like you when it comes to USA and GB Your Europene tone has the same level as Trump´s American level.You have really made this tread into a imbecile thread full of hate.
When I do not know something I usually look it up either on Internet or in a book. I also read newspapers every day in four or five languages. Guess it helps to get a bit of a picture.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 07:06 am
@saab,
Hate me ? hahaha...oh dear good Lord... Did I start the mockery thread on Europe ? You are an idiot...
I also speak 4 languages but don't brag about it...and I still read newspapers to pal. So what ?
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 07:27 am
@Olivier5,
...and you have jazz which developed in USA and country and western, bluegrass and gospel and you have distinctly American style of classical music
I have always enjoyed music when in USA.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 07:34 am
@saab,
...and I enjoy them all, and I can't wait to get my feet on Nasa for a visit, and take a walk in central park with my wife...never hated Americans...I have been campaigning for a strong united Europe and a solid alliance with our natural American cousins...now when a little criticism makes the murikans around all jumpy and start threads mocking Europe that worries me....because when the opposite occurs out of this context I normally accept criticism fairly well...for instance I am ashamed Portuguese Empire was the number one on slave trading in the XV century...I dislike Inquisition, or what the Spanish Conquistadors did in South America...never felt any of those comments were belittling my culture. I thought of them as constructive insightful lessons for the future...but when the tables turn and one points fingers at two or three specific American clichés they go all out flaming and torching...yes it is not healthy and usually ends up like this.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 08:00 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil, you do realize that you are the inspiration for this thread, right?

The "Europe is the bastion of human civilization" is a direct quote from you. It is from a post made in the American bashing thread in which you were touting the cultural superiority of Europe.

America bashing seems to be a fad around here. This thread is intended as a satirical push back on this.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 08:23 am
@maxdancona,
Well it is a fact that for sheer luck or coincidence European culture spread around the world and dominate it for the past 3000 thousand years or so.
Anyone denying that is joking...and still I have the utmost respect for China and Japanese advanced cultures way before we had the Greeks, but their culture was stagnant and never got to an Industrial and scientific Revolution... Europe did that...same goes for Mesopotamian and Arabic cultures...Murika was literally build on the backs of Europe including recent History and important steps like getting into the Moon...its silly to deny any of this and more silly to take the sentence "Europe is the bastion of human civilization" as an expression of racial white supremacist superiority...we simply got the right conditions first and that's all...but denying it just because one doesn't want to hear about it or some Edipo complex in relation to colonial past is absolutely stupid.

Some cliché remarks on Murikans done in other threads are well deserved and should never bring up this kind of silly response for anyone with minimal knowledge about World History...and yes said thread has half a point when it comes to mental disease in America springing out of no State cushion help on protecting its citizens when things go wrong...Brute force Darwinism is socially destructive as is liberal objective Capitalism...by the way don't fault Religions because stupid belief systems are everywhere...fault lack of education and protection of people living on the fringe of economic despair and destroying the middle class through, market speculation, mass media manipulation, and dropping Ethics like if it was the plague and swapping it for consumerism and mass entertainment distractions...if anything, that's the fundamental heritage and legacy America has pass down to the world in the last century.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 10:59 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
What is the difference between White Supremacy and European Supremacy?

Quote:
Well it is a fact that for sheer luck or coincidence European culture spread around the world and dominate it for the past 3000 thousand years or so.
Anyone denying that is joking...and still I have the utmost respect for China and Japanese advanced cultures way before we had the Greeks, but their culture was stagnant and never got to an Industrial and scientific Revolution... Europe did that...same goes for Mesopotamian and Arabic cultures...Murika was literally build on the backs of Europe

Are you really claiming the reason that Europeans colonized and then brutalized the world is because they are culturally superior?

Sorry, I don't buy it. The world would have done just fine without European colonization. What Europe did is conquer, exploit and enslave destroying perfectly good cultures in it's wake. And Europe has remained a brutal culture, less then 100 years ago Europe systematically killed a million of its own Jewish residents, and more recently, in the 1990s there was another brutal ethnic war.

What you are saying is the basic argument made by White Supremacists. It doesn't match the actual facts.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 11:37 am
@maxdancona,
I don't give a rats ass about white supremacists idiots I spoke of a cultural fortunate accident in Europe not in genetics, so don't quote me wrong, moreover I wont debate politics with you nor turn this into a political mishmash. As for cultural clashes happening since the dawn of mankind there are no exceptions and Darwinism at work whether we like it or not it is what it is. Your argument is naive but above all xenophobic when it tries to nail down a trend seen in every culture and make it a specific trait of the one you dislike. Its a poor strawmen and easy pot shot. Truth being put back into place, I have nothing further to ad, have a nice day "cousin" !
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 12:08 pm
@saab,
Jazz stems from the blues which is said to come from Africa, but mixed up with the classical heritage from Europe. The main jazz instruments in particular - saxophone, trompet, piano, bass, even the drums - are all classical instruments from Europe.

Born from African hands playing on European instruments, jazz is quintessentially American. It could not have happened in Europe. Rock n roll too, of course.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 12:13 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
Anyone denying that is joking...and still I have the utmost respect for China and Japanese advanced cultures way before we had the Greeks, but their culture was stagnant and never got to an Industrial and scientific Revolution... Europe did that...

European dominance dates back to the great travels of the 16th century which give European powers a global reach, the capacity to trade and conquer worldwide. Before that, Europe is but a corner of the world like many others.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 12:28 pm
@Olivier5,
I'm not sure which history books you've been reading, but Japan has become an economic powerhouse for a country the size of California. Japan is #3 in GDP.
Foofie

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 01:11 pm
While one can understand the argument against the validity of Hebrews ever being slaves in Egypt, based on religious believers would be the ones to accept the premise, why doesn't one question the motives of those that say that no secular record exists of the Hebrews ever being those slaves?

The Hebrews being a comparatively small group, of little concern to the great Pharoh dynasties, did anyone think Hebrews would be codified into the Egyption hieroglyphic history? Especially since the story says they got their freedom, based on a series of blunders by the Pharoh.

In other words, if religious folks have an agenda to promulgate the biblical account, I have to wonder what agenda the secular folk might have to deny the account, considering their denial is so emotionally vehement, in my opinion.

Whose toes is monotheism stepping on?

The deniers protesteth too much?
0 Replies