phpBB email search mod

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 08:50 pm
Note: you can get free code and free help here but not a free link. So please do not post your links.

phpBB email search mod

Version 1.0.1

Description:

Many times a user will contact a board admin saying that they can't log in. Unfortunately because phpBB's log in system does not use the email for the log in the user often forgets their username they used on the board.

With a small board it is easy to find the username based on the email, with a larger board it is not.

So this mod adds an admin panel email lookup. Just type in an email and it will show what account name that email is registered to. It also has direct links to view or edit the profile.

The installation is simple, and does not involve any file editing at all. Just upload the files and the email search will appear in the admin panel.

Download the mod here .

Known Issues: This mod was made for Able2Know.com, a site that doesn't need language support and because I am a wicked and evil lazy bastard I did not adhere to phpbb coding standards and provide language localization support. In other words there are no lang file entries, I just hardcoded any text that did not already exist in the lang files in english. This does not cause any problems, and just means it will remain in English until someone localizes it, translates it, and provides their code.

If anyone makes those changes, post them here, and I will update the mod and credit the author.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 9,257 • Replies: 7
No top replies

market1tech

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 11:36 am
Question regarding phpbb e-mail search mod
I followed your installation instructions but hyperlinks are not pointing to the correct URL. The Edit hyperlink does not connect me to the the user profile but to the forum index, however the view hyperlink works correctly, sending me to the users read-only profile. How can the edit hyperlink be re-addressed to point to the users profile update? FYI, I am logged in as an administrator with full permissions. Thank you.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 11:38 pm
It works on all setups I have used, but if you setup a forum install where you can demonstrate the error (and give me FTP and Admin access) I will try to fix it for you.

If you can do this let me know and I'll email you.
0 Replies

market1tech

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 10:03 am
Yes - my forum currently exists - you can e-mail me at [email protected].
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 11:07 pm
I've fixed it on your server and have updated the mod with the fix. It wasn't appending session ids to one of the urls, causing admins who don't use cookies to have problems with the link.
0 Replies

MitchSchaft

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 04:31 pm
First off, thanks for this mod, it is awesome!
Just an FYI, the 'Edit' field after looking up an address links me back to the main forum page. Here is the link it points to: "admin_users.php?mode=edit&u=553"
I'm wondering if you know what I should have the link pointing to.

Thanks!
Mitch
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 08:24 pm
I know what the problem is, I just don't have time to fix it right now.

At some point phpbb made a change to how sessions were handled in the admin panel, and the url needs to have the session appended to it. If the session isn't appended in the query string, it redirects to the forum index.
0 Replies

MitchSchaft

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 08:11 am
Ok, cool. I'll see what I can come up with and let ya know.
0 Replies