writing ( 10 )

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 10:10 am
The original story by GodShatter.

I started the day with me getting new clipless pedals.I'd been riding bikes for a few years before I decided to make the transition to the suicide pedals.My friend and I went over to a new city called Warda to ride on the trails which are located in a Texas longhorns cows ranch.I didn't have any falls due to the new pedals while riding.Naturally,being nearby cows ranch, there were a bunch of them that were roaming a round.

I was riding down the loop, minding my peacful own business,when out of a sudden, a longhorn,mean and demonic cow ran out of a bush,straight to me.I didn't do anything to get the cow mad,I swear!So,I tried to avoid her by riding into the only way I had,the trees.My bike crashed as I jumbed off,runing for safety.The cow walked over and looked at me with an evil gleaming eyes.She wanted to scare me,then she walked away.

My supposed friend was standing away from me,laughing his guts out!I had some flashes of me being gored by the demonic cow and carried away to a non-human cow ritual!Thank God that wasn't real.

Uneventfully,we decided to do the ten mile loop again.We kept a berth between any cow we saw this time.

question:
Is it right if I said instead of " I didn't have any falls", "I hadn't any falls"?.How the expression would sense to you then?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 527 • Replies: 9
No top replies

fortune

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:41 pm
The expression makes sense either way, but it is more usual to say "I didn't have any falls".
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 11:57 pm
hey..thanks.. but I won't write again.I am a disaster here.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 02:17 am
No, don't take it personally. It's just a clash of personalities, not your fault at all. Please do write again.
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 03:22 am
Thanks fortune, but what if Debra and Stuh are both angry.Debra said will never edit my writing again! This is sad to me.Ofcourse, I like and appreciate your help but what about the others. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 03:50 am
I think Debra may be convinced to return (if we ask her nicely). I've had a few little quarrels with Stuh myself in the past, I suppose we both just like to be right. Don't worry too much about it. :wink:

We do get into some very heated discussions sometimes (especially in the Politics and Philosophy sections) but in the end we generally manage to get along fairly well. I've gotten into some lovely arguments in the Spirituality section and still managed to later share a joke with my opposition in another thread.

Your desire to learn is admirable, navigator. I would hate to think that you were put off because of one silly little tiff. Smile
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 04:20 am
Navigator
Keep writing!
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 04:41 am
But , I need you to help me a long with the others.I will write again and again but if you didn't help me I would quit writing.I was happy that you people assesing me,I even told my family:my fathere and my brother who are both crippled.My father is hemiplegia and my middle brother is quadriplegia.I'm the youngest.I need everyone to bo ok :wink:
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 05:34 am
That must be difficult, navigator, having two crippled family members!

As I said, don't take our quarrels too seriously. As a matter of fact, I found A2K while searching for a good debate forum, so needless to say I like a good argument now and then. It's rare that arguments here carry any real malice, more often than not it's just a lot of us trying to prove who's smarter or who has the most knowledge, which can be a lot of fun (if you like a challenge).
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 02:49 am
Thanks fortune..I am on with you, and I love Debra and Stuh being with me .
0 Replies