Mary Magdalene was not a prostitute

TomTomBinks

Thu 12 May, 2016 10:58 am
@peacecrusader888,
Sarcasm is a mystery to you. Does Ama live in the Philippines?
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Thu 12 May, 2016 06:01 pm
@Leadfoot,
Let us be clear with this. In the book of Revelation, God is the one talking and John was writing down what he was seeing and hearing. In Revelation 22:16, God said, "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches." Who is talking? The Lord God. Who is that Lord God? He is Jesus! Jesus said in John 10:30, "I and my Father are one."
Leadfoot

Thu 12 May, 2016 09:03 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
God said, "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches." Who is talking? The Lord God. Who is that Lord God? He is Jesus!
Note that it is YOU who is defining who is talking as 'the Lord God', not the scripture.

Quote:
Jesus said in John 10:30, "I and my Father are one."
The book also says a man and his wife shall be as one. It does not mean literally. In this case It means Jesus and his Father are of one accord. The verse right before that reads: "My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man can pluck them out of my Father's hand." Why would he keep saying 'my Father' all the time instead of 'I' if he were God?

If Jesus and God were one being, the book of John would read like gibberish if you substituted the word 'God' in every instance where it says Jesus or any personal pronoun that referred to Jesus.
peacecrusader888

Fri 13 May, 2016 08:15 pm
@Leadfoot,
And that is what the book of Revelation say: God is the one talking and John was writing down what he was seeing and hearing. Cite to me that this is not true.

What is the difference between Lord and God? Do they not refer to the same person? Pease read Genesis.
Leadfoot

Fri 13 May, 2016 09:02 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
What is the difference between Lord and God? Do they not refer to the same person?
Not necessarily. Lord is a synonym for 'master', not 'God'. Jesus was God's authorized representative on earth however so you could properly call him 'Lord'.
peacecrusader888

Sun 15 May, 2016 03:02 am
@Leadfoot,
There is no Jesus yet in the Old Testament. In Genesis 1, it is God. In Genesis 4, 11, 12,and 18, it is Lord. In Genesis 2 and 3, it is Lord God.
Smileyrius

Sun 15 May, 2016 03:59 am
@peacecrusader888,
Does Ama ever refer to God by his name?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sun 15 May, 2016 06:40 am
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
There is no Jesus yet in the Old Testament. In Genesis 1, it is God. In Genesis 4, 11, 12,and 18, it is Lord. In Genesis 2 and 3, it is Lord God.
Who do you suppose God was talking about when he said in Genesis "Let US make man in OUR own image."?
[emphasis mine]

I don't think God ever uses 'Royal we' terminology.
TomTomBinks

Sun 15 May, 2016 07:42 pm
@Leadfoot,
Maybe he was referring to the divine council of which he was the head. You know, in your monotheistic tradition. (Psalm 82: 1-2)
Leadfoot

Sun 15 May, 2016 07:53 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Quote:
Maybe he was referring to the divine council of which he was the head. You know, in your monotheistic tradition. (Psalm 82: 1-2)
If you are able to read in context, that 'congregation' (you called it divine council?) refers to us. We were not around in the beginning, only his only begotten son and the angles. He does not delegate tasks as weighty as that to angels so that leaves his son. Other verses make it plain that it was his son that was the collaborator in 'making all things'.
0 Replies