*~~Official Fight Club thread~~* (bashers dont even bother)

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 10:59 pm
Very Happy
time for some Fight club

We can create an intelligent review/analysis of my favorite movie, Fight Club. Special emphasis must go towards the teachings of Tyler Durden and how his wisdom is the true path towards enlightenment. Give reasons why material possessions are not important as well.

This is generally how it works: someone says something, than we add onto it and respond to the prompt

It's always fun
Have fun
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,684 • Replies: 13
No top replies

suzy

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 11:04 pm
Well, okay... Brad Pitt is too good looking to have all those bruises.
I liked it, but I found the ending dissapointing somehow.
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 11:05 pm
LOVED the movie.

Tyler, the alter-ego of Norton's character, wanted to strengthen Norton by stripping him of all fear. Getting rid of material possessions makes you stop judging yourself through your possessions--and look deeper.

Is this what you are talking about?

Love the thread!
0 Replies

maxmaxpowers

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 11:08 pm
Razz
Yes Lash Goth, good. I liked the way they portrayed shizophrenia and other such problems over the course of the film.
My only downside to the movie was the length: 2 1/2 hours or so Shocked
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 11:11 pm
psst...

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=66068&highlight=fight+club#66068
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 11:12 pm
My son forced me to watch it. It had been out for several months, and thinking it was something completely different, I hadn't been interested.

It fooled me to the very last...and gave alot of people a neat insight into mental illness.

What was your favorite part.....she asks not knowing her own answer.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 01:01 pm
I read the book first. Didn't really want to watch the movie. But BigDice brought the DVD home one day. Compared to the book the movie was not really shocking for me. I was completely caught up in the book when I read it.
0 Replies

maxmaxpowers

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 09:30 pm
Um...as odd as it seams i think and again i must emphasize that the scene is wierd but at the end when he shoots himself and they watch all of the building and so on

it all made sense at that point
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2003 01:21 pm
haha! My sons made me watch it, too! They also made me watch American History X, for which I'm very grateful. I did like the movie Fight Club, but the ending rerally was a surprise. I was dissapointed because i like a happy ending! Overall, though, great movie. make one think.
0 Replies

maxmaxpowers

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2003 01:46 pm
Yea, it was good stuff
0 Replies

lakerschic

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 02:36 pm
how many personalities
We are debating at work today if the female counter part is also another personality of Norton's character....any input would be great.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 07:26 pm
Hmmm, nice twist! Can you let us know some of the arguments for or against before we decide?
0 Replies

lakerschic

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 07:21 am
multiplicity
my arguement is that the girl is real. norton met her in a public place. she has her own apt where she was saved from.

my co-worker's arguement is she's an alter. he thinks that norton is the only one that can see her in all the support groups. he also believes that the only ones that she ever interacts with is the two personalities of the main character.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 01:40 pm
Oh, don't get me wrong, I think she was real too. But it's an interesting diversion to try to argue that other characters in the movie were imagined.
0 Replies